Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 6 months ago #17666

We're just off down to the New Forest. Since one of the three is our two year old we need all the space in my wife's X-Type estate.
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 6 months ago #17702

Once you've done a few thousand miles I'd appreciate an update on how these tyres are performing.:)

Will do. I'm on hols for a week, without the car - hard to fit three of us in :) but once I'm back I'll be racking up the miles.

You're just not trying hard enough :)

Would like to hear long term views on Yokos. It's not a tyre I have heard much of on the F/TFs.

Interestingly, the Trophy was originally fitted with Yokohama A539s as an alternative to the Goodyear F1 Gsd2s.
Link .
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 6 months ago #17726

I have had Toyo R1R's on 16's since January 2009 and 12000km. I am using 205's allround as I feel that 225 are to big for Trophy rims. I have a fuly adjustable front end and have been using a few degrees of negative camber, in fact maybe to much as the inner are wearing a bit two much so I have moved them to the rear to help balance the wear. In almost two years the car has done some 24 speed events including a lot of laps at two very fast tracks and all I can say is grip, like the proverbial sh1t to a blanket. I am pleased with the wear rate compared to my old Bridgestone RE55's, the Toyo are a 120 rating compared to the 100, of the Bridgestone. They are a very good wet weather tyre, not the best for the ultra cold and the 100cm in an hour type of rain we have just had though.

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 6 months ago #17735

That is a lot of rain, one metre (100 cm) in an hour is quite a bit, think you need a boat & not an MGF

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 5 months ago #17844

That is a lot of rain, one metre (100 cm) in an hour is quite a bit, think you need a boat & not an MGF

As an F is so waterproof, I had to chamios the interior to dry it out, but a least it's clean.
After five years of drought we are getting all the stored up years at once, our dams are now 50% full after four years of being 80% empty, and we are allowed to wash our cars using fresh water but only a Karcher type machine to rinse the suds off, we still have a hose pipe ban on certain things.

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 5 months ago #17847

Nice to hear you're getting some rain to fill the reservoirs. if you want some more feel free to take some of ours. Our reservoirs are 100% full.:lol:

BT?W, it is possible to achieve a waterproof car. Usually the windows just need adjusting.
David

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 5 months ago #17914

Around the mirrors, I have almost given on the window adjustment but it is an improvement compared to when I purchased the car.

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 5 months ago #17915

Around the mirrors, I have almost given on the window adjustment but it is an improvement compared to when I purchased the car.

if you put up a close up picture of the area, we might be able to suggest a solution.
David

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 5 months ago #17960

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I have had success on a few cars now adjusting the windows etc. I f you pay for my travel I will quite happily have a go for you :)

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 5 months ago #18331

A first update on the Yokohamas.

Had to drive to the office in the lovely weather for ducks yesterday. Even with next to no miles covered the Yokohamas are much better than the ContiSport front/ GSD3 rear combination I had before. First impressions are that the ride is somehow a little smoother and that the slight rear twitchiness in really wet conditions is gone too.
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: Where have all the tyres gone? 13 years 5 months ago #18339

A first update on the Yokohamas.

Had to drive to the office in the lovely weather for ducks yesterday. Even with next to no miles covered the Yokohamas are much better than the ContiSport front/ GSD3 rear combination I had before. First impressions are that the ride is somehow a little smoother and that the slight rear twitchiness in really wet conditions is gone too.

That sounds better already.
David

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT