Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Engine Warning Light 13 years 6 months ago #16461

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Now we're getting colder mornings a problem I thought had cleared up has resurfaced again.

Car starts and runs fine, then about 2 to 3 minutes later the engine warning light starts to flash. Cue much swearing and moaning! Then once my blood pressure has hit critical levels the bloody thing goes out again and stays that way for the rest of the journey.

Do I just ignore it or is it trying to tell me something?

I thought that once it was on it didn't rectify until plugged into diagnostics.:dunno:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Engine Warning Light 13 years 6 months ago #16463

Now we're getting colder mornings a problem I thought had cleared up has resurfaced again.

Car starts and runs fine, then about 2 to 3 minutes later the engine warning light starts to flash. Cue much swearing and moaning! Then once my blood pressure has hit critical levels the bloody thing goes out again and stays that way for the rest of the journey.

Do I just ignore it or is it trying to tell me something?

I thought that once it was on it didn't rectify until plugged into diagnostics.:dunno:

That's weird. Normally a flashing MIL light is a serious/ don't drive type problem.
I think you have an intermittent electrical fault in the MIL circuit, possibly exacerbated by the damper conditions now.
That doesn't really help you much though!
You need to get it on a obd2 reader if the car is post 2000. T4 if it's earlier.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT