Sign In   Register

Topic

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16218

Actually, that might work. Any body good at photoshopping?

I tried and discovered I'm rubbish at it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16221

Would you be infringing anybody's rights by doing that, Adam?
If not, talk to Jon (Rough Luck)

Yupp you could get in all sorts of legal trouble making exact copies, however you'll notice I often copy stuff and redesign it, as in alot of the insparation for my front came from one Mike Satur did thats no longer available, when I looked in to copyrights for mine I found a five year patent is free, after that you can extend it at cost, to copy that kit you will have to make it at least 25% different to get round the existing copyrights, In my case the mounts were refined, the top edges and I increased the size of the splitter by about 40mm's

You dont have to make massive changes just enough so that its noticeable if challenged by a legal team

and Yupp mines copyrighted and as the sole owner of the only Golden Wheels front I have that too for the next 3yrs +
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16222

I tried and discovered I'm rubbish at it!

I could do it, except my big laptop's away having a new screen fitted, and I don't have photoshop on this little notebook I'm using.
David
:shrug:

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16236

Another vote for colour coding - I like that bodykit but not in 2 tone.

Keep us posted with updates:)
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16238

Yupp you could get in all sorts of legal trouble making exact copies, however you'll notice I often copy stuff and redesign it, as in alot of the insparation for my front came from one Mike Satur did thats no longer available, when I looked in to copyrights for mine I found a five year patent is free, after that you can extend it at cost, to copy that kit you will have to make it at least 25% different to get round the existing copyrights, In my case the mounts were refined, the top edges and I increased the size of the splitter by about 40mm's

You dont have to make massive changes just enough so that its noticeable if challenged by a legal team

and Yupp mines copyrighted and as the sole owner of the only Golden Wheels front I have that too for the next 3yrs +

I have no doubt the design was copyrighted but both SP and Krafthaus are gone now I think... wonder how I find out if anyone bought the rights?

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16243

I have no doubt the design was copyrighted but both SP and Krafthaus are gone now I think... wonder how I find out if anyone bought the rights?

Its a nightmare finding out stuff like that, the could have had it under licence to a body shop or it could have been under an individuals name if they where small companies, your best off just making a few mm changes here an there to be on the safe side

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16249

Its a nightmare finding out stuff like that, the could have had it under licence to a body shop or it could have been under an individuals name if they where small companies, your best off just making a few mm changes here an there to be on the safe side

Just what I was thinking - I have a contact in Spain who's a whiz on body kit stuff - so thought I could combine the Cheetah sides with new LE front etc and create a hybrid maybe.

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16253

Just what I was thinking - I have a contact in Spain who's a whiz on body kit stuff - so thought I could combine the Cheetah sides with new LE front etc and create a hybrid maybe.

Remember you'll have to change all the panels not just one

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16261

• Visitor
  • Visitor
just get someoen in china to copy it, they seem to get away with it all the time ;).

deffo colour coded. I do like that kit. nearly ALL of it...except the bit at the front of the front wheel arch, but if the lines were blended in, it would be pant wetting ;)

If I get a new contract after December I see a body kit maybe happening, not that there's lots to chose from

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16264

just get someoen in china to copy it, they seem to get away with it all the time ;).

deffo colour coded. I do like that kit. nearly ALL of it...except the bit at the front of the front wheel arch, but if the lines were blended in, it would be pant wetting ;)

If I get a new contract after December I see a body kit maybe happening, not that there's lots to chose from

I agree about the front bits - they'll be altered slightly and blended to a TF bumper on Meg.

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16265

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Yum yum!!.....

I just bought a bodykit for Meg! 13 years 6 months ago #16266

It has to be colour coded, especially in Nightfire, the grey one looks as if its in primer waiting to be finished. looks a nice kit.:yesnod:

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT