Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bad things come in Three`s 13 years 6 months ago #15994

• eagle's Avatar Topic Author
  • eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
They say bad things come in threes, so how about this tale.
Last night the latch in our kitchen door failed, with the door shut. After a big push from both sides we got it open. But it needed a new latch. So thats number one.
This morning I drove into town to buy another latch. Once bought I Jumped into my baby, started up, moved into the road and she just stopped dead. Pushed her back off the road into the only available space which just happened to be disabled. Tried all that I knew, fuses, spare key fob, etc all to no avail. Symptoms were just like a flat battery, no lights. Wondered if it could have been the alternator. So called the AA, must say they were quick, about 15 min. He arrived at the same time as the traffic warden. " Do you know you are in a disabled bay sir " drew a perfect response from the AA chap which I cannot state on this forum. Anyhow within 3 Min he found the problem, dirty battery contacts. Once cleaned, another 2 min, I was on my way. So thats number two.
Got back home fitted the new latch, and it stuck in the open position. Number three.
So its all to do again tomorrow. The reason I didn't finish the job this morning was I was so P---ed off I went fishing to calm down, and it rained.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bad things come in Three`s 13 years 6 months ago #15998

No 3 could have been a ticket! You got off easy.:yesnod:
:lol:
David
:shrug:

Bad things come in Three`s 13 years 6 months ago #15999

Get some copper grease and apply liberally to both battery terminals, failing this use Vaseline also put some around the head of the bolt that secures the negative wire from the battery to the body, as these corrode/rust and cause the same symptons. and yes you were lucky that the warden didnt give you a ticket. here in Morden Surrey they give you 3mins then slap an £80 ticket on the car, they even put tickets on cars in disabled bays showing a valid blue badge. you were lucky. should have bought a chubb or yale door latch they dont go wrong!!:bye:

Bad things come in Three`s 13 years 6 months ago #16009

No 3 could have been a ticket! You got off easy.:yesnod:
:lol:

I would have appeild (sp)

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT