Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Random alarm Sounding 13 years 6 months ago #15980

Firstly apologies for not being about for a while... have had aweek away in Sunny Devon.

My 2000 Mk2 F is suffering as the title indicates, this morning drove into work, about half an hour later alarm was sounding, all was in order, windows shut, etc. This is the 3rd occasion this has happened, and apart from the car being a bit moist inside, ( on the windows) through it not being used for a week, I can't think of a reason for it to go off.

There are a few 8 legged creatures hiding in nooks and crevices in the car! I think it maybe time to get the dyson out and try and shift them!

Does anyone know is it possible for an expert to plug the relevant diagnostic thing in to ascertain any information?

For the time being I am locking it with a key to see if the volumetric sensor is the problem.
Older but certainly not wiser!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Random alarm Sounding 13 years 6 months ago #15981

Firstly apologies for not being about for a while... have had aweek away in Sunny Devon.

My 2000 Mk2 F is suffering as the title indicates, this morning drove into work, about half an hour later alarm was sounding, all was in order, windows shut, etc. This is the 3rd occasion this has happened, and apart from the car being a bit moist inside, ( on the windows) through it not being used for a week, I can't think of a reason for it to go off.

There are a few 8 legged creatures hiding in nooks and crevices in the car! I think it maybe time to get the dyson out and try and shift them!

Does anyone know is it possible for an expert to plug the relevant diagnostic thing in to ascertain any information?

For the time being I am locking it with a key to see if the volumetric sensor is the problem.

That's what I would have suggested. I would have thought that a moist interior may cause problems, especially in the sunshine.
The other area to look at is the loom by the boot hinge, which can cause alarm problems.

A diagnostic computer would probably show where a fault was.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT