Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15726

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have just bought a set of 11 spoke 16x7.0J Wheels Part number RRC002630MNH

Am I correct that the centers from my original MK 1 wheels will not fit these and that I need later centers that fit 85th ann wheels etc?

Also, can I use the nuts from my old wheels to fit the new ones on?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15729

I am not sure on the wheel centres - worth a try to see if they fit otherwise any 11 spoke alloy centre will be fine. Wheel nuts are the same.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15735

Hi ,
Purchased my 11 spokes new off ebay and have just picked up 4 second hand centres after taking one off my Mk2 to ensure it fitted.Can't help with the catalogue number though but my wheels came from magicwheels.
Regards Neil

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15742

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for that guys :)

My new wheels arrived today - I only bought them online on Tuesday!!!

I've checked and the centers from my old wheels should fit -I just hope they clean up ok.

While I was admiring them it dawned on me that there was one thing missing........

There aren't any valves :doh:

I bought a set of Team Dynamics flush valves off eBay for £7.95, so I'm nearly there ;)

Now I just need some tyres and a spare wheel.....

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15743

Post up a photo when you get the new wheels on :thumbsup:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15750

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My new toy is going through a complete transformation at the moment. It's our first sportscar (my wife and I had a joint mid-life crisis).

We were going to buy a newer one but this Mk 1 came up for sale by a neighbour for £1K, so we bought it to see if we got on with it (yes I know now that we were mad to think that we wouldn't) and used it for a 3 week trip around the SW.

Anyway it performed so well that we decided to give it a much needed face lift, as we had some spare bucks due to the original price, so it's still a work in progress at the moment.

I'll post pics as soon as i'ts looking good,which won't be too much longer. I've already bought a tonneau cover, put on a wind deflector, replaced the filler ring with a stripped/lacquered one, changed the rear lights to 'Lexus' style. The wheels are now waiting for tyres and I'm getting some AP front brakes shortly, so they will be on soon.

That leaves replacing indicators with clear versions, and getting a spoiler (I could have these bits in the next week or so) which would just leave the headlights.

I have also added a few goodies to the interior, but that's a bit further off completion.

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15751

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK I'm still a bit confused and I just want to be sure.

Is Toyo T1-R the best tyre option?

Should I get 195/45/16 fronts and 215/40/16 rears, even though my car is a Mk1, or should I go 215 all round?

What should I do about a spare, bearing in mind I will have AP calipers fitted?

Thanks again.

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15755

OK I'm still a bit confused and I just want to be sure.

Is Toyo T1-R the best tyre option?

Should I get 195/45/16 fronts and 215/40/16 rears, even though my car is a Mk1, or should I go 215 all round?

What should I do about a spare, bearing in mind I will have AP calipers fitted?

Thanks again.

OK.
The T1Rs are good tyres and recommended by lots of people. Personally I use Nexen N3000 or N6000 and am very happy with them they are cheaper than the toyos and last longer.
Make sue you get the high load/ high speed variants. - V-Z speed ratings as they have stiffer side walls.

215 is the recommended setup on Fs, but people have used 195s on the front a la Trophy/TF setup with no problems. I use 215 all around and am very happy with the steering/handling/feel. It also means you can rotate your tyres to even up wear.

You will need a fullsize spare wheel to fit over the APs, or be prepared, in the event of a front puncture, to swap a back wheel to the front and fit the standard spare to the rear.(Another reason to fit 215s all around.)
David
:shrug:

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15760

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thansk again David :)

I suppose the best spare option is a cheap curb damaged wheel with a multi directional tyre then?

I am having quite a problem finding Toyo 215/40/16 T-1Rs, so I will look at the Nexens

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15763

Thansk again David :)

I suppose the best spare option is a cheap curb damaged wheel with a multi directional tyre then?

I am having quite a problem finding Toyo 215/40/16 T-1Rs, so I will look at the Nexens

Yep, I have quite a few reports of people struggling to get the Toyos at the mo. I've been very happy with the Nexens, and last ones were £43 qiud each fitted and balanced!
David
:shrug:

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15771

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well I had problems finding either the Tojo T1Rs or Nexen N3000s :frown:

Just for info, everyone is telling me they won't have Tojos until next month (must be when the next shipment is due in the UK).

So, as my wife had already suggested, I phoned our small local tyre fitter and after he made a quick call he told me he can get me a set of Tojos for the end of next week :hurray:

I should have a full size spare by then and he will fit a bi-directional tyre to that for me - can anyone suggest a good tyre option for the spare?

11 spoke wheel questions 13 years 7 months ago #15807

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT