Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15572

Hi everyone,
Finally got my wheels but now need centre caps.Been on ebay and found some for MGF but it states that they will not fit Trophy wheels.The hole in the wheel is approximately 44mm and the recess for the cap lip is approximately 55mm.As this is a fairly common upgrade can someone please verify if the centres from a 2000 1.8 will fit.
Regards Neil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15573

Hi everyone,
Finally got my wheels but now need centre caps.Been on ebay and found some for MGF but it states that they will not fit Trophy wheels.The hole in the wheel is approximately 44mm and the recess for the cap lip is approximately 55mm.As this is a fairly common upgrade can someone please verify if the centres from a 2000 1.8 will fit.
Regards Neil

AFAIK, the only wheels with different centre caps are the trophy 11 spokes.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15576

Hi David ,
It is the eleven spokes I have got.I had wanted to leave the centre caps in the 15" wheels and purchase 4 more to modify with different octagon inserts.
Regards Neil.

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15577

Hi David ,
It is the eleven spokes I have got.I had wanted to leave the centre caps in the 15" wheels and purchase 4 more to modify with different octagon inserts.
Regards Neil.

Neil,
Give Clive (CJJ) a pm, I know he sourced some different wheel centres for his 11 spokes.
David

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15582

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I just put new badges in the old ones

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15610

Thanks to you both,
I'll drop a wheel off and see if the minilite centres will fit as from what I have been reading the MGF Trophy ones are quite rare.
Regards Neil

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15612

Where did you get those, Clive?

I'll be getting my wheels done sometime in the next few months. Likely being a darker colour, so I need my centre caps done at the same time too in order to match the finish.

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15613

Hi Everyone,
Just for general info,the standard wheel centres from the 15" minilites fit the 80th Anniversary eleven spoke16"Trophy wheels.My next decision is whether to use the same size tyres all round or to go narrower on the fronts,oppinions on the forum seem divided.
Regards Neil

Trophy 80th Anniversary 16" wheel centres 13 years 7 months ago #15615

Hi Everyone,
Just for general info,the standard wheel centres from the 15" minilites fit the 80th Anniversary eleven spoke16"Trophy wheels.My next decision is whether to use the same size tyres all round or to go narrower on the fronts,oppinions on the forum seem divided.
Regards Neil

Ah interesting!.
re the tyres: Normally 16" on an MGF are 215/40 all around, EXCEPT the Trophy model which has the narrower front tyres(195/50)
The MGTF 16" wheels follow the pattern of the Trophy.
Simples!:lol:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT