Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Simple T-Bar? 13 years 8 months ago #15567

Hey guys, I've switched to the silver theme to try and speed the t bar up a bit for me... it's helped a tad on the old iPhone but...

is there a way to take the forum back to the old school? is in very simple with just the different areas? (ideally just the t-bar general chat bit, Tech section, how-tos and the for sale bit) i dont use any of the other areas

mainly i'd like to get rid of all the extra bits that are now on as well, i know all the teccys out there will love em but i like things i can fix with a hammer lol.... i dont have twitter, my face or any of thoes other things, so there just "getting in the way" as it were and slowing me down

thanks admin guys, just want a simple t-bar back lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Simple T-Bar? 13 years 8 months ago #15584

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I'm finding it a bit fussy too and I'm not a big fan of the new posts down the RHS. I would rather have the post list and stats back down the bottom as it displayed more than 5 posts so was a good quick reference of what was happening.

Simple T-Bar? 13 years 8 months ago #15586

The button with the two chevrons removes the sidebar, if that helps?
David
:shrug:

Simple T-Bar? 13 years 8 months ago #15654

I'm finding it a bit fussy too and I'm not a big fan of the new posts down the RHS. I would rather have the post list and stats back down the bottom as it displayed more than 5 posts so was a good quick reference of what was happening.

nice to know im not the only one lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Simple T-Bar? 13 years 7 months ago #15703

Lol well as a chic geek I'm not loving the idea of toning things down BUT... it has to be user friendly so if people are finding it a bit OTT I'll work on ways to create a more simple, no thrills version! :lol:

As for the mobile phone issue... I'll be creating an app for The-T-Bar which streamlines things and makes it a lot faster when mobile browsing so hopefully that will help as well Adam (see technology ia good for some things lol!) x x

EDIT: Ok I've done a couple of things that should help in the short term... I've uninstalled the little toolbar that pops up at the bottom of the home page and removed the Classifieds section and reinstated the normal "For Sale" sub-forum in the Commerce section... that should help... but off to bed now... will have a more in depth look in the morning! :bye:

Simple T-Bar? 13 years 7 months ago #15724

Forum stats back at the bottom of the page as requested. :) I've removed the new posts/threads block from the RHS but the "Follow Us" block and Wiki link are staying however David is quite right - you can just minimize them by clicking on the arrow to the right of the block. ;)

With regards to the "visibility" issue when it comes to the forum stats... that's on tomorrow's to do list! :lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT