Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15476

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So the MGF is still running a bit rich (understatement!)...

my lotus garage have a spare GEMs ECU from a 190bhp k-series motorsport elise which they used to have...
they said they would do me a good deal on it...

question is does anyone run a GEMs ECU, does the wiring loom on a Late MGF fit it?

anyone got a pic of a late MGF wiring loom ECU connector (dont have the MGF with me today)

Hopefully gonna get the GEMs unit and take the car to Torque of the Devil for a full custom remap to make the most out of it and ensure that the cars running good without killing the gearbox and a nice flat gentle torque curve.

Cheers!
Oz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15479

So the MGF is still running a bit rich (understatement!)...

my lotus garage have a spare GEMs ECU from a 190bhp k-series motorsport elise which they used to have...
they said they would do me a good deal on it...

question is does anyone run a GEMs ECU, does the wiring loom on a Late MGF fit it?

anyone got a pic of a late MGF wiring loom ECU connector (dont have the MGF with me today)

Hopefully gonna get the GEMs unit and take the car to Torque of the Devil for a full custom remap to make the most out of it and ensure that the cars running good without killing the gearbox and a nice flat gentle torque curve.

Cheers!
Oz.

I'm running standard mems3 so :dunno:
David
:shrug:

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15480

All this torque of ECU, Mems3 etc confuses me...

Seriously, Good luck to you Ozzy and all others who mod their cars, I really mean that.

Mine is for driving, bog standard and I LOVE IT like that!
Older but certainly not wiser!

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15485

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looks like the Mems3 unit is compatible with both Emerald and GEMS ECU's...
Just hoped someone on here might be running a custom ECU to make the most of their Mods...
will keep you all posted...
Oz.

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15486

Hi Ozz
I use a dual map DTA unit, so I can have a traffic friendly map and one for full perfomance.
Chris

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15488

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hi Ozz
I use a dual map DTA unit, so I can have a traffic friendly map and one for full perfomance.
Chris

Thanks Chris, where did you get that from, and who did the mapping? what was the rough cost?

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15491

Thanks Chris, where did you get that from, and who did the mapping? what was the rough cost?

I got the ecu from Ric Woods Motorsport, and mapped it myself, cost me around £450- £500 if I remember correctly quite easy to tweek on the fly with a lap top.
Chris

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15495

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
have just been offered an elise trophy race cars Emerald ECU as the driver is upgrading to a Track Days ECU for better data logging!
hope he comes back with a good price :)

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15511

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Emerald ECU purchased :) £450 whish seems reasonable as its only 16 months old, comming off his car in 3 weeks, so just need to keep the miles low on the MGF till i can get this fitted and re-mapped.
Hopefully that will sort it all out!

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15513

Emerald ECU purchased :) £450 whish seems reasonable as its only 16 months old, comming off his car in 3 weeks, so just need to keep the miles low on the MGF till i can get this fitted and re-mapped.
Hopefully that will sort it all out!

A bargain mate well done
Chris

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15514

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
also another stroke of luck, Dave Andrews who did my head and Cams has an emerald map for same spec engine, but with a 52mm throttle body instead of my 48mm (which im keeping as it gives better torque which is better for the auto)... so mapping should be about £90+vat on a rolling road... (about 1hr) which is great :)

also bought a 4.0l V8 jag yesterday which is going to be stripped down to go into the Lotus Excel :) so good news all round yesterday!

ECUs... whos running what? 13 years 8 months ago #15515

also another stroke of luck, Dave Andrews who did my head and Cams has an emerald map for same spec engine, but with a 52mm throttle body instead of my 48mm (which im keeping as it gives better torque which is better for the auto)... so mapping should be about £90+vat on a rolling road... (about 1hr) which is great :)

also bought a 4.0l V8 jag yesterday which is going to be stripped down to go into the Lotus Excel :) so good news all round yesterday!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT