Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

How do I get to my clutch arm to spray wd40 on it? 13 years 8 months ago #15464

Am round a friends at the mo, we are wanting to spray Wd40 on the clutch arm to free it off, how do we access it?
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How do I get to my clutch arm to spray wd40 on it? 13 years 8 months ago #15465

Am round a friends at the mo, we are wanting to spray Wd40 on the clutch arm to free it off, how do we access it?

To access the clutch arm you'll need to remove the engine cover(under the parcel shelf.)

ps You need to use a penetrating oil(like plusgas) not wd40
David
:shrug:

How do I get to my clutch arm to spray wd40 on it? 13 years 8 months ago #15468

David, as our expert in all things F & TF will squirting Plusgas on the clutch arm free it??? Bryan

How do I get to my clutch arm to spray wd40 on it? 13 years 8 months ago #15471

David, as our expert in all things F & TF will squirting Plusgas on the clutch arm free it??? Bryan

The arm is usually seized where it enters the bellhousing and working a penetrating oil into that area and manipulation can often free it off. Once you get it moving again, then you need to keep it lubricated.
Here is someone's ingenious effort at doing that.
taken from below

(Btw, that bit in the OP about Plusgas was my addition.:doh:
It should have been added to my reply not the original post.:yesnod:
As a mod you get extra buttons on posts and I pressed the wrong one.:yesnod:) I've now put it where it should have gone in the first place :doh:
David

How do I get to my clutch arm to spray wd40 on it? 13 years 8 months ago #15477

The arm is usually seized where it enters the bellhousing and working a penetrating oil into that area and manipulation can often free it off. Once you get it moving again, then you need to keep it lubricated.
Here is someone's ingenious effort at doing that.
taken from below

(Btw, that bit in the OP about Plusgas was my addition.:doh:
It should have been added to my reply not the original post.:yesnod:
As a mod you get extra buttons on posts and I pressed the wrong one.:yesnod:) I've now put it where it should have gone in the first place :doh:

Doh!! Doh! glad i am not the only one!! That is a great idea you ought to patent it

How do I get to my clutch arm to spray wd40 on it? 13 years 8 months ago #15478

Doh!! Doh! glad i am not the only one!! That is a great idea you ought to patent it

If it was my idea, I would!
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT