Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 8 months ago #15406

Possibly the best thing I've bought from Mike!! It made getting the air out of my system after changing my underfloor pipes an absolute breeze! Also helps with draining coolant if you put too much in the expansion tank (like I did).

It's metal, also. Won't snap like the crappy plastic valve that's on there from the factory.

It included a bleed nipple so you don't have to take the whole thing off to bleed it, you just turn the nipple. Oo-er.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 8 months ago #15407

The bleed valve in the engine bay sure has a lot of pressure behind it.

I took it off and it immediately squirted me in the face. :prrr:

Watching me work on my car is like watching a comedy sketch, most of the time.

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 8 months ago #15408

Possibly the best thing I've bought from Mike!! It made getting the air out of my system after changing my underfloor pipes an absolute breeze! Also helps with draining coolant if you put too much in the expansion tank (like I did).

It's metal, also. Won't snap like the crappy plastic valve that's on there from the factory.

It included a bleed nipple so you don't have to take the whole thing off to bleed it, you just turn the nipple. Oo-er.

Yeah, I got one of those, only to find that the thread is different in some aftermarket radiators! Typical!
David
:shrug:

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 8 months ago #15410

If you had a tap and die set you could make your own thread, though you'd then risk making the opening ever so slightly too large for the bolt.

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 8 months ago #15411

If you had a tap and die set you could make your own thread, though you'd then risk making the opening ever so slightly too large for the bolt.

Yep, That's what I did but I was never really happy with the fit. When I went to use the bleed screw the whole thing would unscrew. In the end I took it off again and there's a stainless bolt in there now.
David

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 8 months ago #15423

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Put one on Benson too. I was always worried about stripping the thread out of the rad. and like in your pic you can avoid spilling coolant everywhere.

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 8 months ago #15426

I was always worried about stripping the thread out of the rad

I've found that tightening just the nipple until you feel "a good torque" on it also tightens the main body to the correct value.

Alternatively find a small torque wrench. I think the value for the main body is 7.

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 7 months ago #15617

I knew there was something I'd forgotten to fit :)

Can I replace the radiator bleed screw with the MS one without spilling a lot of coolant everywhere? or do I need to drain the system first?

Cheers :)

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 7 months ago #15618

I knew there was something I'd forgotten to fit :)

Can I replace the radiator bleed screw with the MS one without spilling a lot of coolant everywhere? or do I need to drain the system first?

Cheers :)

If you have the new one handy and stick your finger over the hole while you swap old and new in your hand, then you will be able to bleed the small amount of air out of your shiny new bleed nipple.
David

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 7 months ago #15622

Yeah, if you're quick you can pop one out and slap the new one in. You'll still lose coolant all over your bodywork but it won't harm it, just mop it up afterwards.

Might want to buy a very small bottle of ready mixed OAT from Halfords to top up what you lose. Always handy to have a top-up on hand anyway.

Mike Satur Metal Radiator Valve 13 years 7 months ago #15637

Thanks guys :)

Fitted today and wasn't as bad as I thought. There was a slight issue with the Heater Bypass/Return bleed bolt which looks like the previous owner/garage has rounded off :(

Looking on Rimmer Bros now for a replacement :)

Thanks again :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT