Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

fitting windbreaker 13 years 8 months ago #15328

Hello again all , just fitted a new wind breaker works a treat. Problem , the tonneau cover no longer fits, it will not fit round the uprights which hold the breaker upright .Has onyone got round this peoblem if so & how,or do I need a different cover.

THanks oncs RON.:help:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

fitting windbreaker 13 years 8 months ago #15338

Hello again all , just fitted a new wind breaker works a treat. Problem , the tonneau cover no longer fits, it will not fit round the uprights which hold the breaker upright .Has onyone got round this peoblem if so & how,or do I need a different cover.

THanks oncs RON.:help:

Depends on which wind break you've fitted. Any pics?
David
:shrug:

fitting windbreaker 13 years 8 months ago #15359

Thanks for interest I bought the windbreak from moss X part dealers in bradford when I lived near there.Fitting required removing the teebar & the uprights were fitted at each end by removing &refitting two bolts behind there, which were in line with the presstuds which hold the tonneau cover in place ,so it will no longer fit. I will try to get some pics soon , but since I had the glass rear window fitted its a devil of a job refitting it (just had a triple bypass) many thanks RON.

fitting windbreaker 13 years 8 months ago #15360

Thanks for interest I bought the windbreak from moss X part dealers in bradford when I lived near there.Fitting required removing the teebar & the uprights were fitted at each end by removing &refitting two bolts behind there, which were in line with the presstuds which hold the tonneau cover in place ,so it will no longer fit. I will try to get some pics soon , but since I had the glass rear window fitted its a devil of a job refitting it (just had a triple bypass) many thanks RON.

Yes, I understand that the glass screen can make the hood sit higher when folded.
I had the MGR windbreak fitted which required the Tbar removal and then two new longer bolts in the fittings replaced two already there, so it sounds similar to yours. However I had no problem with the tonneau.:dunno:
I think a photo of yours will make things clearer.:yesnod:
David

Windbreaker now works 13 years 7 months ago #15884

:o Thanks for help with my problem now sorted. So easy I had set the arms which hold the breaker upright when in fact they should have been horizontal .In this position they move the breaker 2" forward .problem solved. Must be a problem of age.

Cheers RON.:o

fitting windbreaker 13 years 7 months ago #15885

:o Thanks for help with my problem now sorted. So easy I had set the arms which hold the breaker upright when in fact they should have been horizontal .In this position they move the breaker 2" forward .problem solved. Must be a problem of age.

Cheers RON.:o

Good news, Ron.:yesnod:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT