Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Did dealers make Special Editions of their own? 13 years 9 months ago #15278

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Having a good look round the Blue Meanie and having thought "Oh it must be Ignition Blue as it's a TF" I checked the code. Turns out it's Trophy Blue. Add that to the XPower exhaust and I'm wondering if dealers did their own Special Editions of TF separately from the factory.
When I bought it the advert said Special Edition but the spec doesn't match any of the factory specials so I thought that must be a mistake but now I'm not so sure.
Apart from that I've already made a couple of minor mods/changes - new stereo and the fixed mount for the TomTom with new badges and red interior LEDs on the way.
Have been driving to my new job with a big grin and the roof down unless it's actually raining. Just need a free weekend to give her a good clean and polish.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Did dealers make Special Editions of their own? 13 years 9 months ago #15280

Not aware of MG Rover dealers doing their own special editions, the full VIN code will give you the total spec, just got to remember what the letters mean, it is quite possible that a "variant" came out of Longbridge with differing parts on, are you able to ask the original owner for details and service history (you said they had not changed the exhaust in its lifetime) perhaps David or Clive can trow some more light on the subject?

Did dealers make Special Editions of their own? 13 years 9 months ago #15286

How weird! I replied to this about 1400, but my post has disappeared.
Almost certainly my fault!

Anyway, what I said was the exhaust must have been specced by the original buyer. Also that dealers/sellers like to call anything 'special edition', whether it is or not.
The colour Trophy Blue is seen on a lot of TFs, giving people to say Trophy special edition TF, which is nonsense.

My previous post made lots more sense than this one but :dunno:
David
:shrug:

Did dealers make Special Editions of their own? 13 years 9 months ago #15292

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

My previous post made lots more sense than this one but :dunno:

Probably in the middle of a different thread though. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT