Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15143

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone,
Picked up my TF160 yesterday and I think she's got a non-standard exhaust. First clue is a most excellent loud noise and the second is that the back box appears to be stainless. Was there a factory option for a loud pipe? Just that this is a one previous owner from new car and they didn't change it. Here's the view from the back but if anyone can tell me what I need to look for that would be great.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15147

Stainless means aftermarket!:yesnod:

Any distinguishing marks on the pipes or the main box?
David
:shrug:

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15176

The tail pipes look larger than normal but I don't know which one it is.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15187

is it all one piece or are the tail pipes seperate i.e. held on by clamps?....... just may help to narrow the choices down?

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15206

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Started my new job today so not had a chance to get online. I've had a quick look again and can't see anything on the back box. The pipes look like they should be separate but there are no visible clamps. I'll take a picture from underneath the car tomorrow.

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15209

Visualises Andy on the floor, under the back of his car with a camera!:lol:
David

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15241

Visualises Andy on the floor, under the back of his car with a camera!:lol:

aye lol what WILL the neighbors think?! lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15260

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Started my new job this week so I've been pretty busy, as long as it's not chucking it down tomorrow I'll stick my wide angle lens on the camera and try and get a pic. As for the neighbours, they're used to me by now :)

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15273

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK, next time look carefully first before asking silly questions. (Insert Slap 'ead smiley)

When i got close to take a picture I noticed a very faded XPOWER on one of the pipes so I guess that answers the question :)
As a second question, the other pipe is in a bit of a mess, what's the best way to clean them up? Tried Autoglym metal polish and it's not made any difference.

Unidentified Exhaust 13 years 9 months ago #15275

OK, next time look carefully first before asking silly questions. (Insert Slap 'ead smiley)

When i got close to take a picture I noticed a very faded XPOWER on one of the pipes so I guess that answers the question :)
As a second question, the other pipe is in a bit of a mess, what's the best way to clean them up? Tried Autoglym metal polish and it's not made any difference.

It depends a lot on what's on the pipes really.:dunno:
But I use a combination of one of Sheila's pan scrubs, hot water and detergent, turps(for tar) and then metal polish!
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT