• Page:

Topic

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15294

many thanks for the replies!! really helpful! :D
FM :rolleyes:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15298

"the ride must be as good as an F now!!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what ride quality is this you speak of? I have a '96 F which I bought with Spax adjustable dampers and the ride is rock-hard, great on a track probably but painful on our cart-track roads. The ride height is to spec. but when you do a bounce check on the four corners of the car it hardly moves, about 10mm maximum in total - and I weigh 13.5 stone!

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15299

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what ride quality is this you speak of? I have a '96 F which I bought with Spax adjustable dampers and the ride is rock-hard, great on a track probably but painful on our cart-track roads. The ride height is to spec. but when you do a bounce check on the four corners of the car it hardly moves, about 10mm maximum in total - and I weigh 13.5 stone!

TBH, it sounds like your hydragas units are knackered. The dampers are really secondary to the working of the suspension(really to stop rebounce). in fact you could drive the car with the dampers removed( NOT RECOMMENDED ). It would just be a bit bouncy.

If the nitrogen has leaked from the upper part of the unit (usually via a knackered diaphragm) then the whole unit is filled with the fluid and you have rock hard(no give in the suspension) ride. REASON - Compressing gas is relatively easy, compressing liquid is virtually impossible.

If that is the case it won't matter what height/pressure the suspension is set at, it'll be rock-hard and the damper settings will make no difference to the ride.
Our car with working hydragas units has a good comfortable ride quality, and yet has good handling also.
David
:shrug:

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15300

Thanks for the reply David - but not the answer I wanted to hear.

I think I'll recycle the suspension settings as I have a Liquid Levers pump. There did seem to be a lot of air bubbles in the fluid the last time I checked. I'll have to see if anybody is local to me to do a comparative test.

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15301

Thanks for the reply David - but not the answer I wanted to hear.

I think I'll recycle the suspension settings as I have a Liquid Levers pump. There did seem to be a lot of air bubbles in the fluid the last time I checked. I'll have to see if anybody is local to me to do a comparative test.

Let us know how you get on.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15333

hey guys, the VHS kit uses Billstine dampers.... the Mike satur kit uses Spax Krypton dampers which have 28 settings i think, there designed for much more adjustability

the mike satur springs both lower the car but the red kit does more so (and provides a stiffer ride which is why he calls it a sports kit mainly for track use)

mikeknight, save yourself £150, i'll do them for a few mugs of hot brown and a box of biccys :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15335

That depends.. will we have springs flying through garage roofs again? :lol:

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15545

That depends.. will we have springs flying through garage roofs again? :lol:

what do you mean ''again''??? you can't prove anything :D
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT