Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15124

Hi Everyone,

Today, I had the Bilstein comfort handling dampers fitted to my MG. What a difference to the ride quality, it was well worth having them fitted:):)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15128

Hi Everyone,

Today, I had the Bilstein comfort handling dampers fitted to my MG. What a difference to the ride quality, it was well worth having them fitted:):)

Good to hear!:yesnod: It'll be almost as good as an F now....:p
David
:shrug:

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15129

Hi Everyone,

It is good to spread the word about the quality of the Bilstein Dampers kit, i have only heard good things about them and they were designed for the TF, and as David has said "the ride must be as good as an F now!!

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15239

cool, nice to hear your enjoying the new ride :)

has it sharpened up the steering much? or is it just a softer damper?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15245

is this the same as MS blue kit?
FM :rolleyes:

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15247

How much did it cost to have them fitted?

I'm assuming you had them done at a garage, but if you did them yourself then disregard.

I'm looking into getting some of the really good ones myself, though I need the £600 to actually buy the things first. :err:

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15262

I actually think the steering is sharper now and the ride is so much better. I always used to be afraid I was going to come across a massive hole in the road and was wary about going out in the car. The other day I drove upto Hitchin in Hertfordshire and it was really fun to drive.

I paid £150 to have the dampers fitted on my car.

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15268

That's a really good price. Of course if I went to Rovertec I assume they'd charge me £400. :err:

I know what you mean about holes in the road. We once went down a cobbled road at a meet years ago and it near enough shook all my fillings out.

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15274

sorry asking again but is this the same as Mike satur blue kit? and can this kit be lowered? thanks
FM :rolleyes:

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15282

Its got to be the Bilstein dampers kit, you can get from Vehicle Handling Systems or the MG Owners Club both about £560.00 plus postage to buy ~ dont know what the Mike Satur kit is!! these dampers are now being installed on current TFs and on all the TF LE500s (all 500 of them) £150 is a good price for fitting. apparently take about one and half hours.

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15283

Sorry, it should have been Vehicle Handling Solutions www.vehiclehandlingsolutions.com the cost is £562.00 including VAT, speak to them direct about lowering, dont think its a problem

MGOC Comfort Kit 13 years 8 months ago #15285

Just a word of advice, the Bilsteins have three settings and I would recomend the middle setting as the lower one sets the car to high. However if you have lowering springs fitted then the lower one will be best.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT