Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15031

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone,
When I eventually get back down and pick up my TF the first thing I need to change is the head unit. This is going to be my car for work so I need bluetooth. I've been looking at Bluetooth head units and I'm guessing the ones with just a built in mic are going to be unusable with the roof down so an external mic makes sense.
Just to make things more complicated I want iPod control too.
So far I seem to be heading towards an Alpine CDE 114BT but if there is something out there that is as good for bluetooth and cheaper let me know.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15034

I like Kenwood Stereos, but it's what you want that counts.

Kenwood
David
:shrug:

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15041

I have a Sony Bluetooth unit in my MGF (and in the TF for a while), mainly used to stream music from my phone but also for calls, it has a built in mic - bizarrely behind the fascia:confused:
Its not that good at picking up my voice when the roof is down though - the same unit in our Freelander is very clear though so I would recommend a separate mic - ideally positioned near your sun visor.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15043

I also have a Sony unit in my MGF, fitted straight in, without any complications,

I regularly call my wife when leaving work, sometimes with the roof down and whilst I admit not travelling too quickly because of the nature of the roads, I can be heard without problems. I would worry about putting the mic near the sunvisor as when the roof is sown the wind turbulence may be worse there than for the mic in the unit itself.

As I mentioned to Kara before, I got mine for £90 from argos clearence site. I will check the thread and post a link.

Edited.... even better, they are now £80.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-MEX-BT2700-BLUETOOTH-CAR-CD-RADIO-BT2700-NEW-/350358623745?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item5193005601
Older but certainly not wiser!

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15058

I also have a Sony unit in my MGF, fitted straight in, without any complications,

I regularly call my wife when leaving work, sometimes with the roof down and whilst I admit not travelling too quickly because of the nature of the roads, I can be heard without problems. I would worry about putting the mic near the sunvisor as when the roof is sown the wind turbulence may be worse there than for the mic in the unit itself.

As I mentioned to Kara before, I got mine for £90 from argos clearence site. I will check the thread and post a link.

Edited.... even better, they are now £80.99:yesnod:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-MEX-BT2700-BLUETOOTH-CAR-CD-RADIO-BT2700-NEW-/350358623745?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item5193005601

Ooh, good price!
David

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15060

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Edited.... even better, they are now £80.99

At that price it has to worth a go. Thanks very much.

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15061

• Visitor
  • Visitor

I like Kenwood Stereos, but it's what you want that counts.

Kenwood

if you didnt know about it: http://www.justkenwood.co.uk very good site, bought quite a few stereos off there over the years... these days i tend to bin the stereo's to save weight! :)

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15070

if you didnt know about it: http://www.justkenwood.co.uk very good site, bought quite a few stereos off there over the years... these days i tend to bin the stereo's to save weight! :)

Yeah, I know that site, but tbh, Sheila's the only one who uses the stereo. I just listen to the Daytona!
David

Bluetooth ICE 13 years 9 months ago #15261

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Decided to go for a Kenwood to replace the Kenwood that was already in there. It certainly made things easy.
Managed to find the new BT40U for £125 online and have tested it roof up and roof down and the noise reduction works really well.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT