Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ops 13 years 9 months ago #14573

On Sunday we had a club Autokhana and on our second test trying to improve a slowish time I over cooked a chicane went in to the dirt and just when I thought, what a good save I lost it big time and powered into an embankment ( about 80kph ), after reversing down it or rather sliding backwards, I checked the temp gauge and all seemed well, infact thecar drove straight the gauges read normal. I was told to drive slowley to the parking area and whenI reached I looked at the car, both nearside tyres had so much grass, twigs and sundry debry that we had to deflate both tyres remove the formentioned rubish and re-inflate the tyres. Then I looked at the front bumper three very large cracks, race tape to the rescue, front n/s fog lamp smashed, front splitter twisted to look like a propeller ( Alloy )and ripped off, with bits of the bumper. I managed to complete the day but some what slower pace, though that was not the cars fault just the driver! So I will have to do a bit of plastic welding and find a fog light complete with rear brackets and rubber surround plus someone with a huge press to try and staighten the splitter or else make up a new one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ops 13 years 9 months ago #14576

That doesn't sound good. I hope you get it sorted without too much trouble

Ops 13 years 9 months ago #14577

Well, it could have been a lot worse, mate.:yesnod:

Sounds mainly superficial, although I imagine getting another foglight might be a problem over there?
David
:shrug:

Ops 13 years 9 months ago #14580

Race it, Break it, Fix it, Race it indeed :)

Ops 13 years 9 months ago #14591

Race it, Break it, Fix it, Race it indeed :)

Yes I was lucky, the hardest part will be finding the fog light and on closer inspection I will need some body repairs as I have dented panels along the N/S sill. Nothing to serious, the other problem is the front splitter, the car is very floatie without one.

Ops 13 years 9 months ago #14618

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
Hope you are back on the track soon Andrew, its a pain when you have a "moment" but that's motor sport.

Craig

Ops 13 years 9 months ago #14623

Well found two fog lights on E bay 50notes, but I still need the bracket that they attach to. Have had my alloy splitter straightend, trying to get the bumper plastic welded, but will have to get it reinforced so that I can attach the splitter again. The dents will have to wait....

Ops 13 years 9 months ago #14624

Well found two fog lights on E bay 50notes, but I still need the bracket that they attach to. Have had my alloy splitter straightend, trying to get the bumper plastic welded, but will have to get it reinforced so that I can attach the splitter again. The dents will have to wait....

Some good news anyway, Andrew.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT