Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Anyone near Ringstead, Weymouth on Saturday?? 13 years 9 months ago #14566

In a blue 'T' reg MGF

The story is.... Carole, William and I were out for the afternoon in our Mazda Bongo, had a picnic and were driving back along the narrow lane up from Ringstead towards the main road. ( a steep hill ).

Saw a nice looking 'F' stop and wait for us, to pass, as we were just about to pass the 'F' and I was going to speak to the driver, he hurled abuse at us, presumably for not thanking him for stopping.

If it is anyone on here ( but I seriously doubt it ) I apologise for not thanking you earlier, as i have said I was going to speak, but due to your apparent tirade I didn't bother!

Just goes to show not everyone driving an MG is like the people on here.

Perhaps you read 'the other place' if thats the case, stay there!

The incident made me feel quite sad that some people can let our marque down so easily.

Oh and the reason we were out in the Bongo was .... William ( A westie) really appreciates the A/C on a day like that!
Older but certainly not wiser!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone near Ringstead, Weymouth on Saturday?? 13 years 9 months ago #14567

In a blue 'T' reg MGF

The story is.... Carole, William and I were out for the afternoon in our Mazda Bongo, had a picnic and were driving back along the narrow lane up from Ringstead towards the main road. ( a steep hill ).

Saw a nice looking 'F' stop and wait for us, to pass, as we were just about to pass the 'F' and I was going to speak to the driver, he hurled abuse at us, presumably for not thanking him for stopping.

If it is anyone on here ( but I seriously doubt it ) I apologise for not thanking you earlier, as i have said I was going to speak, but due to your apparent tirade I didn't bother!

Just goes to show not everyone driving an MG is like the people on here.

Perhaps you read 'the other place' if thats the case, stay there!

The incident made me feel quite sad that some people can let our marque down so easily.

Oh and the reason we were out in the Bongo was .... William ( A westie) really appreciates the A/C on a day like that!

I can be pretty sure no one on here would be that ignorant.
Although not relevant in this case, people who don't thank you for courtesy are annoying, and I usually limit myself to muttering 'No, thankyou!' in a sarcastic manner.
TBH, most people around here are courteous, but you do get the odd one who thinks you should pull off the road in your sportscar, so that they can sail on down the tarmac in their mahoosive 4 wheel drive tank.:dunno:

I would have thought that William would have enjoyed roof down driving even more than A/C, but the flying drool could be a problem!:whistle:

edit - And who thought that Bongo would be a good name for a car? Well, Mazda, obviously, but come on...Bongo?
David
:shrug:

Anyone near Ringstead, Weymouth on Saturday?? 13 years 9 months ago #14568

Ha Ha David, Here is the Bongo

Crap name I agree, but then it is Japanese.

When there's 2 humans plus 1 dog in the MG he has to sit in the footwell, and doesn't like it

oh and here's William

Older but certainly not wiser!

Anyone near Ringstead, Weymouth on Saturday?? 13 years 9 months ago #14572

Good pose from William , there!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT