Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Tyre Question.... 13 years 10 months ago #14353

Had a puncture today, so had to put the spare on.
Going on hols this month, so have not really got the budget for a new tyre.
CURRENTLY I have a (spacesaver) spare on the drivers side rear which is a Goodyear, Firestone on the opposite side, and matching Nexen's on the front.
Question is: can I do any juggling around to make the car 100% safe, ie putting the nexens on the rear, or do I have to bite the bullet and by a new Firestone for the rear?
I think that they are 205's all round.
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tyre Question.... 13 years 10 months ago #14354

Had a puncture today, so had to put the spare on.
Going on hols this month, so have not really got the budget for a new tyre.
CURRENTLY I have a (spacesaver) spare on the drivers side rear which is a Goodyear, Firestone on the opposite side, and matching Nexen's on the front.
Question is: can I do any juggling around to make the car 100% safe, ie putting the nexens on the rear, or do I have to bite the bullet and by a new Firestone for the rear?
I think that they are 205's all round.

You are limited to 50mph with the spare on, and you're in trouble if you get another puncture. Is the puncture not repairable?
If we're talking 15"s. the front should be 185/55 and the rears 205/50 anyway.
Personally, if I was travelling distance in the car I would want proper tyres on, and a spare in reserve.
David
:shrug:

Tyre Question.... 13 years 10 months ago #14359

I agree with David, if the punctured tyre is not repairable put a matching Firestone on the rear, i too would want to go away with good tyres at each corner and a spare!! Have a good holiday

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT