Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

EPAS Light Stays On (for a while) 13 years 10 months ago #14235

Troublesome.... A couple of days ago, I was playing around with my wiper circuit, and managed to get a wash/wipe system working - EXCELLENT. Shortly thereafter, my EPAS light came on, and wouldn't go off, and of course NO Power Assisted Steering. The MGF is HEAVY when parking.

The solution is easy however. What to do, is order some used replacement parts through eBay (EPAS ECU, and a steering column). This cost me about £60, which I thought was reasonable. The good news is - as soon as you have ordered them, and they have been shipped express (24 hour), the dambed light goes out, and the EPAS works just fine. Easy solution. However I know that to keep the light OUT, it will be necessary to carry these parts and all tools necessary to change them is the already restricted boot..

I love my little car and all it's idiosyncracies.:yesnod:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

EPAS Light Stays On (for a while) 13 years 10 months ago #14243

Troublesome.... A couple of days ago, I was playing around with my wiper circuit, and managed to get a wash/wipe system working - EXCELLENT. Shortly thereafter, my EPAS light came on, and wouldn't go off, and of course NO Power Assisted Steering. The MGF is HEAVY when parking.

The solution is easy however. What to do, is order some used replacement parts through eBay (EPAS ECU, and a steering column). This cost me about £60, which I thought was reasonable. The good news is - as soon as you have ordered them, and they have been shipped express (24 hour), the dambed light goes out, and the EPAS works just fine. Easy solution. However I know that to keep the light OUT, it will be necessary to carry these parts and all tools necessary to change them is the already restricted boot..

I love my little car and all it's idiosyncracies.:yesnod:

My first thought is always to take out the big fuse under the bonnet and clean the contacts. But, if it's not broken (any more). don't fix it.:dunno:
David
:shrug:

EPAS Light Stays On (for a while) 13 years 10 months ago #14258

That .......................THING...................... has been out, in, out again, cleaned, cursed, back in, and out and in again just for good measure, with a little prayer in between outs/ins. I think the little prayers worked (or maybe it was the threats)

EPAS Light Stays On (for a while) 13 years 10 months ago #14266

That .......................THING...................... has been out, in, out again, cleaned, cursed, back in, and out and in again just for good measure, with a little prayer in between outs/ins. I think the little prayers worked (or maybe it was the threats)

:yesnod::yesnod::rolleyes2::dunno:
David
:shrug:

EPAS Light Stays On (for a while) 13 years 10 months ago #14343

That little steering wheel keeps winking at me. I get a little angry, and it goes out again. I shake the new steering column at it, and it goes away for a while longer. I need to buy a gremlin spray (wonder if RAID does one).:idea:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT