Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

How much......? 13 years 11 months ago #13359

This isn't a moan about the price of petrol I am trying to work out whats going on with my fuel guage

Just filled my 'F' with petrol, it was down to 1/4 full, cost me £33. @ £1.20 a litre. I didn't note how many litres it took but calculate it at 27.5.

I seem to recall having seen people commenting on putting app £50 worth in.

Guage doesn't show completely full, but the pump shut off then I tried to get more in until it shut off again so I can only presume it's fairly brimmed.

I know the tank is an odd shape so if there are any tricks to getting it fully filled I would appreciate it.

The other thought is that the send unit is completely up the creak.

Cheers

Peter
Older but certainly not wiser!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How much......? 13 years 11 months ago #13360

approx 10 days ago mine was empty...was planning on doing the worcestireshire wander run so brimmed it...£59.73 it took!

i reset the trip and im currently on 253 miles with quarter of a tank left...no motorways just usual morning/evening traffic and usually i dont exactly drive like miss daisy as most of us do so im quite happy

as for the shape of tank im presuming it doesnt matter as if brimming it will fill up properly...its only when you get below half a tank and turn sharply does the shape of the tank make a diff...the lower the fuel the bigger he difference

hope this helps

andy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

How much......? 13 years 11 months ago #13366

Two things spring to mind.:yesnod:

1. Your gauge is reading low so that the tank was more like half full. This would explain the amount you put in and the fact that the gauge still doesn't read full.

or 2. You didn't manage to fill the tank.

To check - go back to the filling station and try to get more fuel in. Then you'll know if it's 1 or 2. Simples!:whistle:
David
:shrug:

How much......? 13 years 11 months ago #13476

approx 10 days ago mine was empty...was planning on doing the worcestireshire wander run so brimmed it...£59.73 it took!

i reset the trip and im currently on 253 miles with quarter of a tank left...no motorways just usual morning/evening traffic and usually i dont exactly drive like miss daisy as most of us do so im quite happy

as for the shape of tank im presuming it doesnt matter as if brimming it will fill up properly...its only when you get below half a tank and turn sharply does the shape of the tank make a diff...the lower the fuel the bigger he difference

hope this helps

andy

the way the tank fills it wouldn't leave any "empty spaces" so your quite right andy :)

the tank is basically a rectangle with a /\ shape out the bottom (for where the gearlinkages etc run into the engine bay) this is what people talk about when they say it's an odd shape
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT