Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12769

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
the oldest here? Is owning a MGF a cry for help? Could it be a mid-life crisis for the second time around? I've already done the "motorbike thing" last year.
What is it about these cars? This MG is the oldest car I have had for many years and was supposed to be a second car, a sort of back up for when Mrs AyB needed the main car, but I am finding I just want to use it all the time!!

Well back to the topic. I am 59 at the end of this year!!! Far too old to have a sports car I think my workmates would say, but I love it. It makes me feel good when I drive it topless. With my shades and woolly hat and the sounds turned up to the max I feel so much younger!! I am at that age when I don't care what my contemporaries think!!!

So here I am, an old fart amongst a group of younger dudes who are expected to own these cars. I will do my best to blend in without being too much of a nuisance. But I have to warn you, I am not known for always doing what people expect of me!!!

So guys............am I the oldest?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12771

No !:lollol:

My story is so similar to yours AyB,

I had bikes for a few years but realised last year I had only done about 1300 miles in a year on it. I have reached the satge where getting wet/cold was no longer a pleasure. So I sold my bike and bought the MGF. L>ike you it's my 2nd car, wife has her own Focus and we also have a mazda Bongo campervan but that is so heavy on diesel I use the 'F' whenever i can.

I thought I had got past the greasy hands age, and preferred to pay someone to sort out any mechanical things, but the 'F' brought me back to that too.

I'm not sure the mid life crisis thing is so valid. I now don't have to worry about carrying kids or elderly parents anywhere, have a larger vehicle to go shopping for larger items for DIY projects etc.so why not have what you want in a vehicle?

Oh and I reached the big 'six oh' just over a month ago! but I don't feel it mentally, sometimes physically I do!

My ambition now is to grow old disgracefully and spend my childrens inheritance!

See there are advantages to be of advancing years, you can be rude to people and get away with it!
Older but certainly not wiser!

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12773

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you so much for that Swerving. I don't feel quite so out of place now!

I tell my mates that driving the MGF with the hood down is the nearest thing to motorbiking on four wheels. Much better than having the hassle of helmets and leathers etc.

Not sure if they understand though. :dunno:

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12774

I am but a child of 57.:whistle:
David
:shrug:

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12775

I tell my mates that driving the MGF with the hood down is the nearest thing to motorbiking on four wheels. Much better than having the hassle of helmets and leathers etc.

Not sure if they understand though. :dunno:

And you get to have the wind in your hair.... or not.... depending on the state of your baldness!

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12776

Get out of my way you young whipper snapper!

Pokes David with a walking stick!

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12777

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

And you get to have the wind in your hair.... or not.... depending on the state of your baldness!

That would be ........not! :bye:

Am I 13 years 11 months ago #12778

I thought I was old at 46, thank you so much for making me feel so young!:)

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12779

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I am feeling soooooooooooo much better. :clap::thumbsup::woohoo:

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12782

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
I too am a relative whipper-snapper @ 53 these cars seem to appeal to all ages :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12783

Hi AyB,
Just to make you feel a little better I am 63 this year.Also had a bike or bikes since I was 16.Been on the Honda Goldwing Scene since 1991 attending rallies all over Europe towing my trailer with camping gear BUT since owning my F for just over a year now the bike is currently definately on the back burner.Caught the bug big time,hoops spoilers front and rear,wind stop,side intake "ears",blue interior lights,the list goes on.
As a bonus the wife also lovesthe F,my only regret,apart from not getting one sooner,is that I cannot tow my Wing trailer behind the F to camp in style at future MG events.
Regards Neil

Am I............. 13 years 11 months ago #12786

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There seems to be a bit of a common theme here.

After having a bike the natural progression is the MGF/TF.

Bring it on. :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT