• Page:

Topic

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12536

• gos's Avatar Topic Author
  • gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
finally got the hoops I was after, skint myself doing it :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12537

very nice... cannot help thinking of this though....

"Sam Tyler: Who the hell are you?

Gene Hunt: I’m Gene Hunt. Your DCI. It’s 1973. Almost dinnertime. I’m having ‘oops."

:yesnod:
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12538

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

very nice... cannot help thinking of this though....

"Sam Tyler: Who the hell are you?

Gene Hunt: I’m Gene Hunt. Your DCI. It’s 1973. Almost dinnertime. I’m having ‘oops."

:yesnod:

ha ha, yeah :hehe:

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12540

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Gos,

Veeery Nice! - Mike Satur I presume?

I got a set off Fleabay a few weeks ago and I can't waite to get 'em fitted, (BRG & cream leather).

One question - Apart from the modified metal bar that the hoops drop into, (with speakers, etc) did you get another right-angled piece of metal approx same length as metal bar with 4 bolt holes in it and if so, where does it fit?

I spoke to Mike Satur when I bought mine and her very kindly sent up a set of fitting instructions but with no reference to the thin metal right angled-bar. The instructions are perfect in every other respect.

Happy motoring mate!

Cheers!

Richard

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12550

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
Looking great Gos, I'm quite jealous.

Craig

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12552

Hi Gos,

I got a set off Fleabay a few weeks ago and I can't waite to get 'em fitted, (BRG & cream leather).

One question - Apart from the modified metal bar that the hoops drop into, (with speakers, etc) did you get another right-angled piece of metal approx same length as metal bar with 4 bolt holes in it and if so, where does it fit?

I spoke to Mike Satur when I bought mine and her very kindly sent up a set of fitting instructions but with no reference to the thin metal right angled-bar. The instructions are perfect in every other respect.

Happy motoring mate!

Cheers!

Richard

Hi Richard,
the L shaped piece of metal fits along the rear edge of the main bar. It is where the three studs for the tonneau cover fit into.:bye:
David
:shrug:

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12553

finally got the hoops I was after, skint myself doing it :)

Very nice.
They're the best hoops.

Yes, same as ours!:tomatoes:
David

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12555

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Hi Gos,

Happy motoring mate!

Cheers!

Richard

mine are second hand but no instructions so just blundered thru, I couldnt work out where the bits of angle went either so didnt bother :)

Looking great Gos, I'm quite jealous.

Craig

cheers Craig :)

Hi Richard,
the L shaped piece of metal fits along the rear edge of the main bar. It is where the three studs for the tonneau cover fit into.:bye:

thanks for the info mate but I really really dont want to retro fit at the mo it was a pig of a job without instructions :)

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12563

thanks for the info mate but I really really dont want to retro fit at the mo it was a pig of a job without instructions :)

Apart from the fact that two of the securing screw go into the hoops, it's not too difficult. tbh.
David

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12567

Oh wow mate they really do look the biz! It's so nice actually after a mega busy week (worked 72 hours in the last 7 days!) to come back and see everyone making such fab modifications to their Fs/TFs! Really makes me happy to see everyone's pride & joys coming along beautifully! :grouphug:

hoops at last 14 years 1 week ago #12569

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Apart from the fact that two of the securing screw go into the hoops, it's not too difficult. tbh.

David, I am actually not happy with the t bar "fit" so will be taking them off to make some adjustments, in which case I might fit them (angle bits), any advice (pics) would be appreciated mate :)

incidentally there are no screws with them, any idea what I need.

ps thanks kara :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT