Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 1 week ago #12519

Got a new fob repair kit - popped it on and now the poxy fob wont work!

I've tried unlocking the car with the key as the manual says - then pressing the lock button vigorously...nothing!

Likewise tried it locked and pressing unlock - nothing!

Also sometimes when I lock or unlock the car with the key the horn sounds once for a short 'beep'.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 1 week ago #12520

SOLVED - after trying THREE new batteries it suddenly started working!

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 1 week ago #12530

Well it is definitely ok again - so I bought a 'spare' on eBay...

Now the question is how do I get it programmed to Meg's ECU? Used to go to a dealer but is that still the case or is there a cheaper option?

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 1 week ago #12533

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Well it is definitely ok again - so I bought a 'spare' on eBay...

Now the question is how do I get it programmed to Meg's ECU? Used to go to a dealer but is that still the case or is there a cheaper option?

You could always try the 'ol method of - Removing the battery from fob, then walk away from the car, far enough out of the fobs normal working range, then press the buttons a few times to dissipate any residual voltage thats left in the fob, Pop the battery back in and go back to Meg. Lock and unlock with the key then press the lock button on the fob at least 5 times to re-synchronise........It won't work of course (does it ever?), but at least you've tried!!:yesnod:

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 1 week ago #12535

You could always try the 'ol method of - Removing the battery from fob, then walk away from the car, far enough out of the fobs normal working range, then press the buttons a few times to dissipate any residual voltage thats left in the fob, Pop the battery back in and go back to Meg. Lock and unlock with the key then press the lock button on the fob at least 5 times to re-synchronise........It won't work of course (does it ever?), but at least you've tried!!:yesnod:

It does work now - it's the SPARE one I bought that needs programming now - just in case the original goes doodah again! LOL

P.S. tried the method you suggested on the original during the battery fiasco - it would have worked if the batteries hadn't been dodgy!

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 1 week ago #12612

Adam, Are you close to Russell Walsh MG Rover Solutions he will come to you with his MG Rover computer and programme it for you, takes about two minutes. He supplied a new programed fob for me for £45 , they cost about £40 to buy unprogrammed, he also gave me the EKA (emergency key access) code which i had previously paid £15 to get. if Russell does not do it, make sure you find out how much you will be charged for the programming! i heard of one case where the MGF owner was charged £180 for a programmed fob.
Hope this helps, regards
Bryan:

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 5 days ago #12671

dont talk to me about fobs, i popped the c/l motors in my TF 115, had a nightmare since, they did nothing so i got rovtec to enable them now the whole things haywire

the alarm sounds for no reason

the fob will stop working randomly

sometimes the alarm will arm but the doors wont lock or visa versa

and every now and again the solonoids will go haywire fiering whenever the door is open :(
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 5 days ago #12675

Brilliant - for some weird reason I never even thought of Russell!

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 5 days ago #12676

dont talk to me about fobs, i popped the c/l motors in my TF 115, had a nightmare since, they did nothing so i got rovtec to enable them now the whole things haywire

the alarm sounds for no reason

the fob will stop working randomly

sometimes the alarm will arm but the doors wont lock or visa versa

and every now and again the solonoids will go haywire fiering whenever the door is open :(

You sure you haven't got a short somewhere Adam?

Poxy fob not working after battery change! 14 years 5 days ago #12680

You sure you haven't got a short somewhere Adam?

no idea Adam, would need a garage to check for me and I don't want to spend that sort of mulah on anything but my V-Tech project atm
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT