• Page:

Topic

Exhaust Manifold 14 years 4 weeks ago #12078

• bacchus's Avatar Topic Author
  • bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
I have discovered I have a leaking exhaust manifold gasket. Part of the problem was a loose stud which I have tightened (45nm), but this has not solved my leak. I suspect the gasket is stuffed so my question is how much of a pain is replacing it? should I have a go at it? or do I go and find some unsuspecting mechanic to do the job? :dunno:

My F is a 1997 VVC with Aircon as most of you would know by the amount I dribble on about it. :whistle:

Also is there anything else I should do at the same time?

Craig

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exhaust Manifold 14 years 4 weeks ago #12079

I have discovered I have a leaking exhaust manifold gasket. Part of the problem was a loose stud which I have tightened (45nm), but this has not solved my leak. I suspect the gasket is stuffed so my question is how much of a pain is replacing it? should I have a go at it? or do I go and find some unsuspecting mechanic to do the job? :dunno:

My F is a 1997 VVC with Aircon as most of you would know by the amount I dribble on about it. :whistle:

Also is there anything else I should do at the same time?

Craig

It's a reasonably easy job, Craig.:yesnod: You might have issues with studs coming out rather than nuts coming off.

Much easier than the inlet manifold.
David
:shrug:

Exhaust Manifold 14 years 4 weeks ago #12091

which gasket? is it flexi to manifold? there not to bad but i had a serious problem with my nuts... that big bar kept getting in the way

err

right

yeh the subframe is a pain and the extension bar on your ratchet will foul on the subframe... a good flexi attachment and some WD40 and you sorted :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT