• Page:

Topic

Busy Times ahead 14 years 1 month ago #11982

• bacchus's Avatar Topic Author
  • bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
As of tomorrow I'm on two weeks annual leave and I have a list of jobs a mile long, mainly working on the restoration of my MGB; but there are a few jobs on the F including fitting my new aerial after leaning against it and snapping it off last week, fixing my rear bumper after some moron scraped it in the supermarket car park and finishing and fitting my K&H style splitter that I have been procrastinating over for the last 6 months.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Busy Times ahead 14 years 1 month ago #11983

you have an MGB?? Nicee!! When I bought the TF I had the opportunity of buying an MG C and refused!! as I didn't have the space but should have bought it still as I still regret it today! good luck with your projects :)
FM :rolleyes:

Busy Times ahead 14 years 1 month ago #11984

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
I bought the B a few years ago and love it, it needs a fair bit of TLC thanks to some previous owners who have cut holes, painted and added bits where they shouldn't have. I mean who puts central locking in a 1969 B, "FFS". The next few weeks will see the underfloor and carpet replaced and the dash repainted, gauges restored and the original steering column and steering wheel returned. I would have loved a C but they are like hens teeth

Craig

Busy Times ahead 14 years 4 weeks ago #12007

Sounds great Craig! You must keep this as your project thread so we can see how you're coming along! :goodluck:

Busy Times ahead 14 years 4 weeks ago #12012

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Good idea Kara, tomorrow I'll start posting pics of the "B" in its current state. BTW how are the new jobs going for you and Frank?

Craig

Busy Times ahead 14 years 4 weeks ago #12013

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Allways want'ed to do a V8 conversion on a B, Infact i bought my F with the intention to get it back on the road and sell it to finance a B, But i've since become attached to the F, And of course spending more money on it that its worth.

Busy Times ahead 14 years 4 weeks ago #12039

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

Allways want'ed to do a V8 conversion on a B, Infact i bought my F with the intention to get it back on the road and sell it to finance a B, But i've since become attached to the F, And of course spending more money on it that its worth.

My B will never be a concours car and I really don't have any interest in concours; so my plan ultimately, once I have fixed all the niggling little problems with it is to do the brakes and suspension before doing a 5 speed gearbox conversion and popping in the Rover 3.5l V8 that I picked up a while ago. I can then relegate the old 1.8 and Borg Warner T35 "sludge box" to history......lol

Here are a few pic's as the car stands now

Busy Times ahead 14 years 4 weeks ago #12040

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
I've no interest in Concours either, Doesn't seem like Fun to me, I like the idea of sticking as much modern stuff in an old car as possible.

My First car was 1981 Metro, 1.0 litre the most basic model you could get.
When i finished it had the full MG works done to it, Bumpers, Interior and engine.

It was the MGOC Spares Super Sports which first caught my eye on a MGB, Can't find the articles they did on building it anymore , But they do have all the parts used listed over here http://www.mgocspares.co.uk/acatalog/sec_MGssp.html

One thing i really wanted to do was some LCD dials, trip computer etc.

Yours is looking Tidy, What Year is It?

Busy Times ahead 14 years 4 weeks ago #12050

looks like a good starting point :D love the old MGs :D

My dad has a 2.8i Capri and i love them... i'd really love to do a V8 conversion to a Capri one day... Rover 4.2 V8 with a TVR head, good for 400bhp... no interior, no radio, just a roll cage a bucket seat, a set of straight through pipes and a manic grin on my face

about the only thing that could get me away from a British car is a proper Yank muscle car :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Busy Times ahead 14 years 4 weeks ago #12068

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

I've no interest in Concours either, Doesn't seem like Fun to me, I like the idea of sticking as much modern stuff in an old car as possible.

My First car was 1981 Metro, 1.0 litre the most basic model you could get.
When i finished it had the full MG works done to it, Bumpers, Interior and engine.

It was the MGOC Spares Super Sports which first caught my eye on a MGB, Can't find the articles they did on building it anymore , But they do have all the parts used listed over here http://www.mgocspares.co.uk/acatalog/sec_MGssp.html

One thing i really wanted to do was some LCD dials, trip computer etc.

Yours is looking Tidy, What Year is It?

Its a 1969-1970 Australian built MK II B with a Borg Warner T35 Automatic gear box. As you can see in the photos there are a few things that need fixing. Some half wit decided to have the car resprayed "Toyota White" and sprayed the block to match, I'm guessing the same person cut the holes for the speakers, fitted the stereo and 3 separate alarm systems including one that had central locking.

While I can live with the colour of the body work the rest has to be fixed, I have started by ripping out the alarm systems and the stereo, with three lots of wiring (almost a wheelie bin full). I have pulled the dash out to fix the holes drilled by the previous idiot owner and-re paint it. While its out the gauges are away being restored and I'm trying to find a new steering wheel to replace the rubbish wooden after market one that was in it.

Craig

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT