Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Weekly meet for over 300 cars? 14 years 1 month ago #11932

Thats what happens in Florida!
Ive been here 11 or 12 times now & try to make it to Old Town, just outside Kissimmee on a Saturday night because EVERY Friday & Saturday night they hold the Old Town Cruise.
Friday night any car can attend as long as its in Good / Excellent condition. Saturday night is better, last week with 345 cars in attendance but the cars must be from 1974 or older, then after the American national anthem, they all fire up & drive slowly up the narrow streets, the air full of the smell of petrol, hot engines & the sound of big throbbing V8 muscle cars..........Fantastic!
Ive attached a few pics but no Fs or TFs sorry!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Weekly meet for over 300 cars? 14 years 1 month ago #11940

Love the pictures, mate.:yesnod:

I do like the old American classic cars for their looks and big V8 muscle. Just a shame most of them handle like motorised sofa! Still when your roads are half a mile wide and straight for hundreds of miles who needs sharp handling? :dc:

I've been watching American Hot Rod on TV and I really like the cars they turn out. But I reckon none of them would be allowed anywhere near a British road, there's not a safety feature evident anywhere, and no type approval!:whistle:

They even make their own wheels out of lumps of alloy! :dunno:
David
:shrug:

Weekly meet for over 300 cars? 14 years 1 month ago #11990

I like to watch American hotrod but my favorite is Overhaulin, I went to last nights cruise, over 300 cars again & there was a car there that was built on Overhaulin, he had photos of himself with Chip Foose, stills from the show & a laptop in his boot with the show playing on it.

The work is as good as it looks on the show, I thought, as they do it in a week, it may be a bit dodgy in places but from what I could see it looked great, the paint is like glass & I love the Foose wheels!

Oh well, it will be 12 months or so before I can get back as I set off home next Friday but there has been a tornado waning issued for this area this afternoon so I have someting to look forward to - Its been nice knowing you - :yesnod:

Weekly meet for over 300 cars? 14 years 1 month ago #11991

Don't know 'overhaulin'. What channel is that on?

We've only been to Florida once, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish I'd known about this custom car meet then.

Maybe next time.:dunno:
David
:shrug:

Weekly meet for over 300 cars? 14 years 4 weeks ago #12048

looks fantastic, we have a meet every wednesday night in Teesside of around 150-200 cars but 100 of them are Chav-Sheds, on the other hand there are plenty of properly tuned cars there including a 400bhp Focus and some Supras that have Turbos bigger than a K-Series engine!

as for american cars, my dad has a 2.8i Capri, fantastic car... scary as hell to drive, its nocking a nice 180bhp and has the torque to match but drum breaks are a little scary!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT