Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Adjusting hood retaining clips.... 14 years 1 month ago #11576

Hi All,

I have noticed a lot of wind noise above 60mph, which seems to cut down if I pull the roof towards to top of the windscreen...

Can the catches be adjusted / tightened?

:confused:
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adjusting hood retaining clips.... 14 years 1 month ago #11577

Yes. if you look at the opened catch, you will see a long nut)1) held by a spring clip(2).
If you flip the clip out of the way, you can rotate the nut to adjust the fit of the catch.:yesnod:

David
:shrug:

Adjusting hood retaining clips.... 14 years 1 month ago #11579

Yes. if you look at the opened catch, you will see a long nut)1) held by a spring clip(2).
If you flip the clip out of the way, you can rotate the nut to adjust the fit of the catch.:yesnod:

thanks David, a job for the weekend!
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Adjusting hood retaining clips.... 14 years 1 month ago #11585

thanks David, a job for the weekend!

My pleasure. I suddenly remembered taking a picture of the adjuster for somebody last year.
David

Adjusting hood retaining clips.... 13 years 11 months ago #13129

finally got around to doing this tonight, could not beleive how easy it was... did not even need any tools...

Took her out for a spin and.... OH MY GOD... I cannot beleive the difference... I am sure the handling improvement is in my mind... but I don't care... the care feels as good as the day I picked it up... The love is most certainly back!

On top of that.... bumped into a fellow F owner in a petrol station this evening who is looking to sell me a boot rack (hopefully at a reasonable price) AND a local mechanic has come back to me with a reasonable price to fix my "wobbly" gear stick.... on the whole... a cracking day!

:yesnod:

Adjusting hood retaining clips.... 13 years 11 months ago #13131

Definitely worth a :woo2::woohoo:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT