Sign In   Register

Topic

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11317

If I were you Kara, I would buy the exhaust.........or a TB.......or maybe some foglights.....or you could get an induction kit.

I hope I have helped. :yesnod:

................ or more shoes?:dc:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11320

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Do MG do shoes? :dunno:

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11322

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11328

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Is that one of your favourite sites? :)

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11332

Is that one of your favourite sites? :)

Why yes it is, how did you know?
David
:shrug:

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11335

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I just know how much you like shoes, oooh, I meant MG. :)

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11337

Simple, second hand 52mm TB (suprised it doesn't have one allready tbh?) and an air induction kit, much cheaper than an exhaust you get more power and you still get a nice noise :D three for the price of one :D glad to hear your getting back on your feet x
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11342

Exhaust...................................

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11343

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

your working now....get them all credit cards are your friend lol:yesnod:

Lol! Well Virgin Atlantic do do a credit card... but it's an amex! Plus according to Frank I REALLY shouldn't have a credit card. :nonod:

If I were you Kara, I would buy the exhaust.........or a TB.......or maybe some foglights.....or you could get an induction kit.

I hope I have helped. :yesnod:

You're answers are abundantly clear as always. :p

Simple, second hand 52mm TB (suprised it doesn't have one allready tbh?) and an air induction kit, much cheaper than an exhaust you get more power and you still get a nice noise :D three for the price of one :D glad to hear your getting back on your feet x

Pretty sure it doesn't as it's the 120 not 180 model. So do you think a tb & induction kit will give more power than an exhaust? I suppose it would actually. But neither of those things are shiny hun... :frown:

Exhaust...................................

mmm... stainless steel... :drool5:

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11359

Pretty sure it doesn't as it's the 120 not 180 model. So do you think a tb & induction kit will give more power than an exhaust? I suppose it would actually. But neither of those things are shiny hun... :frown:

The 180s are KV6 and iirc have a totally different TB set up? but its a later model and i was under the impression all MK2s have a 52mm TB? will have to ask ninja_182 (i'e just text him)....

as for power, the ZS doesn't have allot of power gain from an enclosed cone like the F has because it's not as badly a designed system (it gets cold air from the wing so its not like the F sucking from the engine bay) but an enclosed cone wouldn't be anywhere near as restrictive... there's also allot of them around second hand (remember it can be off a ZR/BRM/etc as well makes no difference) hence why there ten a penny :)

as for the exhaust not a huge amount of power there either unless you replace the whole exhaust like my mate martind1 has just done with his ZR

this is because the ZS has a more complex system, its not like the F where its:

Manifold
Flexi
Cat
Backbox

its more like
manifold
down-pipe (with pre-cat)
flexi-pipe
a connector pipe
cat
a connector pipe
mid-box
a connector pipe
back-box

the restrictive areas are the manifold with pre cat.... the main cat (obv)... the mid box (a sort of pre silencer) and the back-box itself

you could spend a couple of hundred quid on a back-box and get next to no power and not much better sound (as 90% of the system will still be mild steel not stainless which is how you get a pure tone)

your much better off saving for a little while, getting an induction kit for now (just for that grin factor grunt when you nail it if nothing else lol) and waiting untill you can afford a full stainless exhaust from someone like powerflow (where Sav-MG another good friend of mine got one for his ZS from) or Longlife where martind1 got his ZR system

If Stevie were a F or TF i'd say spend the dosh on an exhaust backbox every time but a ZS is a ZS not a F/TF and there a bit different

of course as a stop gap you could have your mid-box taken out for around £40 and replaced with a stainless pipe (powerflow do this, UK-Biker yet another Teesside meet regular had this done and it makes a surprising difference, more torque in the mid range and a sweeter tone, mind you his is a ZS180 so might not be quite the same)

oh little disclaimer kara im no ZS expert, i've serviced and worked on Sav-MGs but most of my knowledge is because Ninja_182, Sav-MG and ukBiker are teesside meet regulars and good mates and what info i have i've gleamed from them and trips to powerflow with them etc etc :) but im pretty sure on everything i've wrote and defiantly recommend a full stainless system when you go for an exhaust as its much better value for money (you may spent £400.00 but lets face it just a backbox for a F is £300 and Longlife and Powerflow both come with long guarantees, and if you sell the ZS you can allways put the old system back on and sell separately :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11363

yep, just got a text back of ninja_182... he has a mk2 ZS120 and has a 52mm TB fitted as standard :)

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11364

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
You could probably get a custom stainless system built by the likes of Longlife for around the £500 mark. This would be a complete system.

For this they ask what sound you want, what look you want and what finishers you want.

They then build it and fit it there and then.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT