Sign In   Register

Topic

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11445

Oooh so roughly how much would they be?

Anything from £400 depending on how radical you want to go, cheepy way is to get a set of TF135 cams and put those in would give you 12-15 bhp without any hassle. The only real difference between 120 and 135 bhp K series is the warmer cams.
Chris
Woud be glad to help/ advise if you go down that route

Please Log in to join the conversation.

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11458

Wow thanks Adam! Very informative post! :yesnod:

I had no idea the exhaust system was so much more complex than the F's! I can see now why just a backbox would make no difference to bhp. In that case there's no way I can replace the full system just yet so looks like I'll settle with an induction kit. Now you say it can be of a zr as well but is there a difference between pre/post facelift? I quite fancy the k&n apollo one. :drool5:

not a problem happy to help, btw powerflow did SAV-MGs system from the cat back to the back box (so from where the catalytic converter ends to the where the gas comes out the tailpipe) in full stainless steel with the mid box silencer removed for £280... its all road and MOT legal because the cat is still there and it sounds fantastic, got him a few bhps and such but mainly its the sound that transformed the car :)

as for the induction kit the one i have is great, noticeable increase in torque in the middle of the rev range and i got it for free its off a ZR :)

as for the questions on Mk1/Mk2 im not 100% sure on the differences, its really a question for the ZS forums but looking at Sav-MGs mk1 engine bay and Ninja_182s Mk2 engine bay i see absolutely no mechanical difference (and in fact the bhp is the same)

so as a result i can't imagine the performance upgrades been different at all? remember there is no reason why you cant get a cheap enclosed cone and just get the silicone hoses to make it fit (thats what i did! my enclosed cone was free off a 1.8 ZR i just got some hoses to fit it to my 52mm TB) :)

i wouldnt go out spending £300 on a tip top K&N appollo system brand new when a well cleaned and looked after enclosed cone will do the same job and give the same noise :) and cost you £25 second hand at the most...but thats imo you may want to buy everything new and 100% perfect for the car (which is how im going for anything to do with my conversion... everything else im bodging lol... i cant justify an expensive exhaust for my TF when ill be getting an expensive system for my V-TEC and the two wont be interchangeable... but my suspension which ill upgrade before the engine goes in will be the best i can get as it will be part of the conversion... your not doing a conversion so you may want the best for this car and engine as you can afford to give it if that makes any sense (ive been awake 20 hours and working 18 of them sorry lol)

No not kidding a decent set of cams will give you that range of power gain

hey chris... this isnt a question for me as obviously i wont be touching my K-Series engine apart from to service it until the K20a2 is ready, but i understand allot about tuning routs for MG engines and i get asked allot about the tuning routs for 1.6 engines on other forums (im one of the few people to spend money on the bargain basement TF i guess maybe thats why) anyway enough explaining the question.... the question is... would the 135 TF cams do anything for the 1.6 engine or is that a very silly question?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11463

hey chris... this isnt a question for me as obviously i wont be touching my K-Series engine apart from to service it until the K20a2 is ready, but i understand allot about tuning routs for MG engines and i get asked allot about the tuning routs for 1.6 engines on other forums (im one of the few people to spend money on the bargain basement TF i guess maybe thats why) anyway enough explaining the question.... the question is... would the 135 TF cams do anything for the 1.6 engine or is that a very silly question?[/quote]

The 1.6 cams and 135 cams are identical so no gains there :)
Chris

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11465

thanks chris :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11663

• figo
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless
How about getting the VVC Gubbins and doing a top swap??? ;-)

Sort out the breathing and stuff and thats a 20+ Bhp increase right there?
MG TF 135 135 Bhp

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11675

Wha?

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 2 months ago #11676

I have a VVC and the next improvement will be to blank of the VVC and hydrolic valves, individual TB's and a new computer system such as a Wolf in search of the other 25HP to add to my 175, I want 200!

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 1 month ago #11811

• figo
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless
So that would basically be one of the Lotus VHPD engines then!
MG TF 135 135 Bhp

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 1 month ago #11860

I have a VVC and the next improvement will be to blank of the VVC and hydrolic valves, individual TB's and a new computer system such as a Wolf in search of the other 25HP to add to my 175, I want 200!

NOS! That's what I'd do :whistle:

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 1 month ago #11874

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
:awwyeah: :thumbsup:

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 1 month ago #11880

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I think a nice set of driving gloves, some comfy slippers and a packet of wurthers originals would all suit the family saloon nicely. :whistle:

OMG The unthinkable has happened! 14 years 1 month ago #11896

:awwyeah: :thumbsup:

So when's the NOS arriving? :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT