Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Inlet Manifold Gasket on a 135? 14 years 2 months ago #11053

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello all (first post, wooo).

Ive been having problems locating a water leak now for a while.
The car has lost 10 litres of coolant in around 3-4weeks.
Recently she's become difficult to start and very very steamy for the first few mins (im talking total white out).
She still runs ok though.
I've now taken the decision to take her off the road for now until it can be sorted.

Sadly she has overheated 3 times as a result of coolant loss (i think) accompnied by a large colud of steam. my Girlfriend was driving at the time so the details are a bit sketchy at best.

I have bled the system from the 3 points and checked rad fan opporation.
The coolabnt cap makes a very faint hissing noise after switching the engine off which I assume is a slight leak but it is only slight, the tank is still pressurised several hours later.

I carried out a compression test yesterday and the results are as follows

Clyinder 1: 14.0 bar
Cylinder 2: 13.0 bar
Cylinder 3: 13.0 bar
Cylinder 4: 12.0 bar

Coolant was visable in cylinder 1 through the spark plug hole. there was also oil on the plug possibly explaining the higer compression.

I think I have narrowed it down to HGF or Inlet Gasket Faliure. The thing is. I cant find any information regarding Inlet manifold gasket failiure on the 135 model with the alloy inlet manifold. Is it a known problem on 135's?

If its not the inlet manifold, where is all my coolant going?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Inlet Manifold Gasket on a 135? 14 years 2 months ago #11055

It's not as common for the alloy manifolds to leak as it is for the plastic ones. Change the inlet manifold gasket and then see how it goes, cheapest option and fairly simple to do :yesnod:

Undo the bolts that hold the upper part to the lower, undo the bolts holding the lower part to the head and fit the new gasket. There are some electrical connections you'll need to take apart too but it's all pretty straight forward once it's in front of you :)

Inlet Manifold Gasket on a 135? 14 years 2 months ago #11056

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Brilliant, am I right in assuming the gasket is a different part to models with the plastic manifold? if so do you happen to know the correct part number?

Inlet Manifold Gasket on a 135? 14 years 2 months ago #11057

:welcome2:
Yep, the gasket is a different part number.

I believe it is LKJ100821, but my knowledge is on Fs, not TFs so you may need to confirm that.
David
:shrug:

Inlet Manifold Gasket on a 135? 14 years 2 months ago #11058

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

:welcome2:
Yep, the gasket is a different part number.

I believe it is LKJ100821, but my knowledge is on Fs, not TFs so you may need to confirm that.

thanks very much

That is listed as the VVC inlet manifold gasket on rimmerbros so I think it will probably the correct one. I suppose its forth a shot at changing it for the grand total of £4 +P&P

Inlet Manifold Gasket on a 135? 14 years 2 months ago #11060

thanks very much

That is listed as the VVC inlet manifold gasket on rimmerbros so I think it will probably the correct one. I suppose its forth a shot at changing it for the grand total of £4 +P&P

I believe that the lower part of the inlet manifold is the same in both instances.

With the plastic manifold it is usually possible to feel under the manifold at the throttle body end, and feel coolant there.
David

Inlet Manifold Gasket on a 135? 14 years 2 months ago #11178

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Think it might be too late for the inlet manifold gasket.

Sniff test showed positive and oil is now a bit too mayoie if thts even a word

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSEL!!!

Inlet Manifold Gasket on a 135? 14 years 2 months ago #11181

Think it might be too late for the inlet manifold gasket.

Sniff test showed positive and oil is now a bit too mayoie if thts even a word

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSEL!!!

Oh, bum!:rolleyes2:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT