• Page:

Topic

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10891

• gos's Avatar Topic Author
  • gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
Okay Guys & Gals, there has been some discussion about showing monthly statistics for this site, (there have been honest ;) ) to indicate all manner of things that may or may not be of interest to you the members.

So seeing as my last poll was a bit unnecessary in the end, I'm having another Poll :yesnod:

This time tho I have talked it over with the Kara the site owner (the real one not that stand in chappy people refer to as seejay or something :dunno: )

So folks the question is simple (as are the answers):

Would you like to see some monthly stats for the site?

Answers;

Yes I would

No I wouldn't

No opinion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10893

Okay Guys & Gals, there has been some discussion about showing monthly statistics for this site, (there have been honest ;) ) to indicate all manner of things that may or may not be of interest to you the members.

So seeing as my last poll was a bit unnecessary in the end, I'm having another Poll :yesnod:

This time tho I have talked it over with the Kara the site owner (the real one not that stand in chappy people refer to as seejay or something :dunno: )

So folks the question is simple (as are the answers):

Would you like to see some monthly stats for the site?

Answers;

Yes I would

No I wouldn't

No opinion

TBH, I thought the discussion was about showing the stats, which appear at the very bottom of the initial page, in a more prominent position.:dunno:
David
:shrug:

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10896

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Good job I haven't got any power anymore. :whistle:

Just you wait until Kara and Frank decide to move/change jobs/swap cars all at the same time again. :yesnod:

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10897

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

TBH, I thought the discussion was about showing the stats, which appear at the very bottom of the initial page, in a more prominent position.:dunno:

I think Kara is thinking of having a bit more info.

this would be a good place for other remarks too like Tomms idea of moving stats to the top of the page.

of course all recommendations would be digested by Kara and she would make a decision.

this is purely to gauge interest.

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10898

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Good job I haven't got any power anymore. :whistle:

Just you wait until Kara and Frank decide to move/change jobs/swap cars all at the same time again. :yesnod:

:innocent: :help: :lollol:

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10900

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It's OK mate, I don't bear a grudge for long. About 20 years should be OK. ;)

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10912

I think Kara is thinking of having a bit more info.

this would be a good place for other remarks too like Tomms idea of moving stats to the top of the page.

of course all recommendations would be digested by Kara and she would make a decision.

this is purely to gauge interest.

Ahh, gotcha.:yesnod:
I've cast my vote.
David
:shrug:

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10922

Are talking about anything similar to what .org have? That amounts to nothing but cockwaving from what I have seen.

I'll go back in me box now.....................:p

No for me, as I don't see the point for members, okay for the admin team to keep track of stats. But that is only my opinion.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10924

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Are talking about anything similar to what .org have? That amounts to nothing but cockwaving from what I have seen.

No for me, as I don't see the point for members, okay for the admin team to keep track of stats. But that is only my opinion.

Fair point, well made, altho I dont know what its got to do with waving chickens about :dunno: :dc:

:hehe:

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10933

Well I must confess this was my main reason for not posting monthly stats... it is a bit of a "look how cool & popular we are" :online2long: but if member's have a genuine interest then I'm happy to oblige. :)

As for putting the current stats in a more prominent position I must confess I missed Tom's comments but did he mean just the bar with the post count info? If so it may take some heavy editing to templates but I imagine it could be done. I can have a play around if people would like me to. :)

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10935

are the stats length or diameter?:dunno: and what are the stats the girls are going to post?
:confused:

Monthly Statistics (Poll) 14 years 2 months ago #10943

The stats I have seen on some forums tend to take over each month and it starts to become a bit of a competition. It can lead to spamming of threads and going off topic, it may give the mods and admin team more work.

Relevant stats are okay if static on the main page but too much detail in the form of a sub-forum may be going OTT leading to the above. Maybe I am getting the wrong end of the stick here and that was not the intention?
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT