Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

So then.............What next?? 14 years 2 months ago #10219

Im in no rush at all but whats the best way to get more power / performance from my VVC?
Ive got the Viper enclosed induction kit fed from the n/s vent with scoops.
Ive got a 52mm Throttle body
Ive got a stainless exhaust.

Whats the difference between mine & a 160??
Whats mems 3?? I assume mine being a 1997 its not mems3

Oh & before you start Clive.........I cant afford to supercharge!! :dc:

Stu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

So then.............What next?? 14 years 2 months ago #10224

Remap?:dunno:
David
:shrug:

So then.............What next?? 14 years 2 months ago #10228

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

Remap?:dunno:

As I understand it, being a 97 its not mems 3 so a remap isn't possible, but how about a ported and flowed Trophy 160 head and a cam upgrade? it seems to work for AndrewR

Also have a look here, it might give you a few ideas;

http://kengine.dvapower.com/

Personally I want this, but I can't afford it....lol

http://www.s262612653.websitehome.co.uk/#vvc190kit

Craig

So then.............What next?? 14 years 2 months ago #10229

Basicly mine is a Ko6A. As you canot remap MEMS 1, I have added a fuel preasure regulator and set at 4.0bar this gives me approx 175HP. My next power gain or rather the cheapest route left to me is loose 35kg!

So then.............What next?? 14 years 2 months ago #10230

Being a '97 VVC means yours will be MEMS2J and unable to take a remap.

The next stage would be to go down the head porting route via Dave Andrews or someone else. There is no need to blank the VVC mech off and go for solid cams so don't listen to anyone out there who tells you that you must :shake:

Have you thought about handling mods before going for more power? Means you'll be able to drive harder and make use of the available power that you already have safely :yesnod: Lowering pins, polybushes, solid subframe mounts, TF Torsion bars etc

So then.............What next?? 14 years 2 months ago #10248

Have you thought about handling mods before going for more power? Means you'll be able to drive harder and make use of the available power that you already have safely :yesnod: Lowering pins, polybushes, solid subframe mounts, TF Torsion bars etc

I know about the polybushes & lowering pins but you lost me on solid subframe mounts?

TF Torsion bars? are they the chassis braces that go underneath & in the engine bay? Are they a direct fit from a TF or is there welding involved?

Can you upgrade from MEMS2j to MEMS 3?

Thanks
Stu

So then.............What next?? 14 years 2 months ago #10251

I know about the polybushes & lowering pins but you lost me on solid subframe mounts?

TF Torsion bars? are they the chassis braces that go underneath & in the engine bay? Are they a direct fit from a TF or is there welding involved?

Can you upgrade from MEMS2j to MEMS 3?

Thanks
Stu

Here you go, these two links should hopefully explain it all :yesnod: Not cheap though :shake:

http://www.vehiclehandlingsolutions.com/page3.htm

http://mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/body/index.htm

Yep, they are indeed the chassis bars and they do involve a little welding, one reason I haven't done them yet :o

You could upgrade the MEMS system but you'd need all the ignition system and possibly a bit more, I looked into it briefly but the general concensus was that it's not worth it and with the mods I'm planning I'll be going to Emerald route anyway :whistle: If you were to fit a 160 head then I imagine you could swap the ignition system over at the same time :yesnod:

So then.............What next?? 14 years 2 months ago #10259

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I think the main differences between the VVC and the TF160 are the MEMs version, the improved airbox (which you have sorted) and the valve sizes in the head.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT