Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10108

http://www.the-t-bar.com/showthread.php?t=391&highlight=google

Can I just say that while the sentiments are understandable, be careful not to make this look like a T-bar versus mg-rover vendetta.

It is a sore point for Kara, but the last thing she wants, or any of us want, is an all out war.

No-one is going to stop any one saying what they want, within reason, but we don't want a situation where we create a tit-for-tat slanging match.

It is innevitable that members and staff from the mg-rover forum will read these posts, most of us are a member of both.

I know that a lot of us would like to see a bit more acceptance, and while I think it is fair to say that Kara isn't interested in being welcomed back with open arms, it would be nice if the forums could run alongside each other without any animosity toward each other. This can only benifit the MGF/TF community as a whole, whereas an outright war may damage it.

My comments on the other forum are purely to try to improve it as I like both.

Exactly why I asked the question 'is it ok to mention us now' .... no answer forthcoming as usual. Shall I pvt Steve in my capacity as 'PR Person' and officially ask to clear the air?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10109

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Exactly why I asked the question 'is it ok to mention us now' .... no answer forthcoming as usual. Shall I pvt Steve in my capacity as 'PR Person' and officially ask to clear the air?

I think if you are going to ask the question then it would be courtesy to ask him directly, however, I would wait until Kara is back and see if it is OK with her first.

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10110

I think if you are going to ask the question then it would be courtesy to ask him directly, however, I would wait until Kara is back and see if it is OK with her first.

OK I will wait for Kara to come back - however I think it should be personal choice for any of us here or there if we want to mention ANYTHING on either forum to be honest. The them and us that has happened due to the ban (which I think was very unfair and childish but nonetheless happened) is very silly.

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10114

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

OK I will wait for Kara to come back - however I think it should be personal choice for any of us here or there if we want to mention ANYTHING on either forum to be honest. The them and us that has happened due to the ban (which I think was very unfair and childish but nonetheless happened) is very silly.

You are right, we should all be able to speak as individuals, but I was refering to asking the question as a member of the T-bar rather than an individual.

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10117

You are right, we should all be able to speak as individuals, but I was refering to asking the question as a member of the T-bar rather than an individual.

Ah OK get you - yea we can discuss what united front we take to Steve as a forum if that is what is wanted.... I certainly don't mind doing the pvt to him once we decide.

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10119

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

hear hear :grouphug:

double hear hear :)

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10120

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

double hear hear :)

Totally agree as well, we need to be above any sniping, Kara sure is and we need to follow her lead. After all its all about the Marque, which ever side of the fence you sit or like many of us right in the middle with the barbed wire right up your bum crack.....lol

Craig

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10167

lmao i take total credit for instigating that little mess and accept non of the blame for the resulting chaos :D

at least were all heading towards being able to talk openly on .org
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10285

OK could someone PM me with what exactly happened as I'm a bit slow

Too much non-technical stuff on .orf f/tf forum
Mods come down hard on perpetrators
Kara starts this forum as a consequence
Kara messages other members to come to her forum instead
Someone complains
Kara is banned
F/TF forum reverts to non-technical stuff anyway
.org regulars post on here as well as there
the ill feeling rears its head in the google rankings thread

Is that about right? I've also asked someone at .org for the official version of events, would be interesting to compare.

Kara didn't mention any of it at the lewes meet... although I am very deaf. And I think I am getting quite confused as well.

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10311

although I am very deaf. And I think I am getting quite confused as well.

what did you say? where am i :dunno:
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Sorry I couldn't not say something 14 years 2 months ago #10315

Thats pretty much it.
Mind, if you think thats bad you try talking about being a MacDroitwich member on there and see what happens :whistle:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT