Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

the virus 4 years 1 month ago #192739

• Bertl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Brothers,

I hope everyone is fine and not affected by Covid-19, I hope all your families are ok.

Please take it seriously, keep distance to the people around you and wash your hands regularly.
When wearing a face mask make sure it is N95 approved.

Stay safe!
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, cairnsys, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

the virus 4 years 1 month ago #192740

If I can add - Do not bother wearing a face mask unless you are actually sick! The people who need them for avoiding contracting the illness are the medical staff treating those infected - Distancing & hand washing is much more effective than masks for the currently not sick. The virus can also enter via the nose and eyes, and is not airborne apart from in the coughs of an infected person, so unless you are letting people cough on your face while out in public, a mask is going to do no good.

Don't hoard them as that deprives the medical personnel who need them most of the supplies to keep them safe.

If you are showing symptoms, then there is potential benefit to others around you from wearing a mask - but you should be in isolation if you are showing symptoms anyway so it's a bit of a moot point.

Stay safe all otherwise though :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, pgew, sworkscooper

the virus 4 years 1 month ago #192747

Totaly agree for what Immo1282 says.

The virus is NOT in the air around us!

In fact if you have surgical, or other medical grade facemasks at home, please consider donating them to the medical services...people who actually need them...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

the virus 4 years 1 month ago #192748

• Bertl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

Totaly agree for what Immo1282 says.

The virus is NOT in the air around us!

In fact if you have surgical, or other medical grade facemasks at home, please consider donating them to the medical services...people who actually need them...

the virus is not in the air but people do not understand the importance of keeping distance. I have permanently people around who do not care about this simple safety measure. As well a face mask is a protection not to infect others in case you're infected yourself without being aware.

I can not agree to your point. It makes sense to wear them. NOT a surgical mask as they do not give any protection.

Everybody can support the medical services by reducing the spread of the virus.
The UK has approx. 70% less hospital beds than Germany, approx. only ¼ of the ventilators. I hope to be wrong but within the coming two weeks I fear the UK will have a similar situation as Italy has already.

Stay safe guys. Protect yourself.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Bertl.

the virus 4 years 1 month ago #192749

Yes funny world has you drive about and the roads are quiet..people taking photos of toilet roll spread out on the bonnet of there cars....the older lady serving us at market Drayton Morrisons today greeting us at the till has if we were covid19 spreaders....I also took two days off from work with a stomach bug and on my return could see panic in my work colleagues faces has I returned ...wide eyes and distancing of 7 metres was the norm of the day..when I went shopping..I only bought a few loo rolls because I bought has much Carling black label has I could in case stocks run out....if I'm going to self isolate I need a drink....this covid thing could keep my mg in self isolation this year..worse place to visit during the covid outbreak was the university hospital Stoke on Trent...after my partner's father broke his hip in a fall last week the main entrance of the hospital had hand cleansers set up in place warning of the virus....we both went to the dispensers and touched the tab for cleanser...they were all empty...what we had done in effect is touched a area the same has hundreds of other visitors...I wished I had just kept my flamin hands in my pockets..visiting now suspended...so testing times indeed.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Keymaster

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

the virus 3 years 11 months ago #193192

Nice picture of the Bedford truck delivering Corona, forgotten what that tasted like.
I've not had chance to get on the T bar forum for a while due to being really busy at work, so hope that everyone is ok and coping with this challenging time.
On leave for a few days so going to try and start up and run the cars neither of the two MG,s were having it this afternoon. Typical luck when the weather has just changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

the virus 3 years 11 months ago #193203

A nice thing about the lock down is that I was left alone all day; so I could play out with the cars, and not a mask in sight.
Both cars now up and running though I will need a battery for one sooner rather then later.
Coolant drain down next, and replace a couple of heater bypass hoses while I'm at it.

the virus 3 years 11 months ago #193223

There are only 2 good things about lockdown in my book.

1) less aeroplanes in the sky
(I can normally see planes at Gatwick from my desk, hear them constantly in the depot and see at least 3 in the sky from my back door)

and

2) less traffic on the roads so commuting and driving for work are easier.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

the virus 3 years 11 months ago #193233

Agree on both points,... although there is certainly more traffic around this week.

the virus 3 years 11 months ago #193254

I work in a local hotel, it's the longest holiday break I've ever had by a long way.:woohoo:

If was still printing I'd be working overtime.

the virus 3 years 11 months ago #193257

Work as usual during lock down so not a lot of change there but weekends off and not been able to just pop out I set about tackling those packs of carling and one night out in the garden I tidied up and thought about scrapping a old cement mixer I've had for 23 years.....put with my carling infusion I had a plan to rebuild..

So with the failing light outside I went inside to ponder on my new project...and the next day I was out with spanners at hand
It didn't take long to dismantle but the electric motor was siezed after years of rain and a mix of concrete had been left to go solid in her drum...

The only mask I've worn during the lock down was one for air chiselling that mix from inside the drum...I then bought a new petrol engine to make my mixer cordless and with a few bolts and some thought she is now a running baromix cement mixer....just need to get in that massive que to get some sand and cement

The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Bob

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

the virus 3 years 11 months ago #193259

We used to remove the set concrete from the large agitator barrels on the concrete trucks with explosives, drill some holes in the crete,some plugs of explosive and some delays for a progressive charge........ too easy!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT