Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Facebook !!!! 6 years 1 month ago #184380

What a joke. Selling some unused halfords tool chests on there and had 35+ replies to my ad in 12 hours. As soon as you mention how much they are selling for , they never come back to you. For example , a halfords industrial 6 drawer sells online for £350 and a 3 drawer industrial chest for £250. At the moment they are half price , so 175 and 125. So asking £120 for a six drawer and 100 for a three drawer seemed reasonable to me !!!! One caller came and collected one of my 6 drawer chests and went away well happy , buying a £350 chest for £125 . These are new chests with the odd scratch on that have never seen a tool ( apart from me when I bought them lol ).
What do people want , something for nothing if you ask me. Put them on eBay and they sell for the right money ! Put them on Facebook and you can't sell them. Does that tell you something about facebook users ? Beats me ! Some d##k just offered to buy a 6 drawer for £35 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Facebook !!!! 6 years 1 month ago #184381

Not seen your FB listing (dont do Facebook unless I have to!), but did you not include prices on it!

Everyone is looking for a bargain, myself included, but a price on the listing gives a good guide as to what you are willing to accept after a bit of haggling.

I now do not even inquire unless there is a price on any listing, as lots of sellers just want too much money!

Ebay is better, many more buyers, auction it at no reserve if you need to get rid of quick, fixed price if you want to wait for a better price.

I hate ebay, and so expensive to sell, but it is the only practical way to sell things for sensible price, once you have exhausted forums such as this.

Last edit: Post by G0RSQ.

Facebook !!!! 6 years 1 month ago #184383

People want stuff for nothing. They are unused in great nick, the young lad that bought one yesterday was well chuffed , at least he knew he was getting a bargain !!! They will be going on eBay shortly ( Monday ) , then if people on faceache want one, they can pay for them at higher cost . I just try to upset halfrauds by selling them cheaper than they do !

Facebook !!!! 6 years 1 month ago #184385

At the end of the day halfords are playing around with these toolbox prices all the time...going back over 10 years or more when I first saw the black industrial toolchests yo yo from one price to another..people buying them when the prices are low and then putting them on ebay...declaring how they are double the price in halfords...mine bought below is the black industrial model...bought at halfords for £150..not long back...3 months....yes they are up in price and shortly there down again...a bit like the old grand duke of York hey.....my model box below.. £150

Attachments:

Facebook !!!! 6 years 1 month ago #184386

Now listed on eBay !! They can take em or leave em now without wasting my time lol.

Facebook !!!! 6 years 1 month ago #184387

Ok Glenn rover. .just had a gander at your tool chests on ebay...I saw you were selling the 3 drawer black industrial for £110 or nearest offer...that's not that tempting for some who have recently seen them at £110 at halfords.......you get a garuntee when you buy from halfords.

On the halfords website any order over £40 is free next day delivery...that means you don't have to even pop out to buy it...
Really I think you have only got to wait till the next bank holiday to see halfords tool chests down again...another ad on ebay was for a used halfords cantelever toolbox...used condition for £15 plus £5 postage...they are only £15 new in halfords today....ebay gone mad...
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak. Reason: Blind drunk

Facebook !!!! 6 years 1 month ago #184388

Here's another halfords industrial toolchest on ebay...interesting to see how much it fetch...halfords must be ripping those halford badges off the front when they get reported as damaged ..advertised as new/other...slight dent in back corner....not long to go now on ebay auction...£90????
Halfords Industrial Top Box Tool Chest Black RRP £350
Completed

Mind you looking at that last picture...that's a fair dent innit.
Halfords must be throwing these boxes about has another lad at work bought a new halfords box...on opening it he found his was dented...so when I went to halfords I unbox ed mine in the van just in case.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Facebook !!!! 6 years 1 month ago #184399

Bad dent !! , sold about 16 of these on eBay so far , its not the money aspect that gets me, its the fact that everyone enquires about them and no one makes an offer. I hand pick mine, make sure they are at least 99% perfect,all drawers open and lock and have keys. True about how badly halfords must look after them or maybe its the customers who buy them , drop them and then take them back. Those 6 drawer black ones are blooming heavy !!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds