Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Longbridge closing 7 years 7 months ago #172010

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Longbridge closing 7 years 7 months ago #172058

Well I for one will not be sorry to see the end of MG at Longbridge. I bought an LE500 and not long after found that it suffered the same problems of the MGF I owned for ten years previously. For one thing the paint work was a joke it started peeling off the front bumper quite early on and all the dealer could say was 'stone chips'. I later found droplet shaped spots where the paint had simply not adhered to the primer, probably water or thinner drops on the body while it was being painted.

I nearly refused to buy my car on the day I was picking it up as I found a car in the dealer show room had a great big paint run on the front wing - great quality control, I almost wish I had dumped it and bought a Toyota instead but I still love the thing even now that it failed the MOT on rear fog light that could be expensive to fix.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Longbridge closing 7 years 7 months ago #172062

That is a joke to put new cars in a forcourt with drips in the paintwork........does anyone have any stories of poor workmanship on any other type of car?.......next time i see a le500 i will give the paint a closer look.......and has anyone owning a le500 had any gasket problems yet?

Longbridge closing 7 years 7 months ago #172063

We now sell bricks

and lots of other stuff.

http://www.wolseley.co.uk/our-brands.aspx

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Longbridge closing 7 years 7 months ago #172074

One of the things that persuaded me to buy this LE500 was that NAC had made something like 20 improvements over the 2003 TF, one of those being a permanent fix to the head gasket problem. So far, just over 6 years later, all is well (touch wood!) Although it has just failed the MOT due to the rear fog lights not working. (SCU relay failure, relays being replaced)

Longbridge closing 7 years 7 months ago #172085

silly bloody link
Here is one of those old/new MG6s that I mentioned that were getting unloaded through the auctions, note the 2016 compliance date is not the build date, just the date that they finally got around to fixing the problems.
Still at the price it's likely to go for, it's probably not too bad value, so long as you don't mind the resale devaluation.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber. Reason: haven't been able to link it for some reason

Longbridge closing 7 years 7 months ago #172089

Well I think that the Longbridge saga is very sad for the MG marque . SAIC need to have a long hard look at where they are going as even in China their sales figures are poor . 11 years ago the future seemed to be bright and their concept cars raised a few eyebrows . They are not building cars that people in this country want to buy. They have gone about the rebuilding of the MG brand in a half arsed way . Makes The Phoenix Five way of running the company look good in comparison . It is just a shame that Geely did not take control when MG /Rover hit the buffers , things could have been different.

Longbridge closing 7 years 7 months ago #172094

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3809684/Photographs-Longbridge-MG-Rover-plant.html

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT