Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Correct coolant for 2005 MGTF 9 years 8 months ago #148379

Once again I would like some Help
Having drained the cooling system to fit Stainless under floor pipes now need to now the correct replacement fluid, the old stuff was orange/pink and have seen remarks about not mixing with other coolants (cannot flush system at this point as the car is on Stands/Ramps in my garage) or should I wait till all other jobs done remove from garage then flush and refill.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Branchman.

Correct coolant for 2005 MGTF 9 years 8 months ago #148381

The recommended coolant is OAT (organic acid technology) available from any motor factor.

The total coolant capacity is around 10 litres so you need 5 litres of OAT antifreeze to give you a 50% mix.

Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Branchman

Correct coolant for 2005 MGTF 9 years 8 months ago #148383

Alternatively you could use Castrol's 4 Life coolant. It's got a minimum 10 year useful life and is almost designed for MGF/TF's as it changes colour in the event of the beginnings of HGF! It is waterless and has a much wider cooling range than standard or OAT coolant. Yes it's a bit dearer at about £19 for 5L but, as it lasts up to four times longer it's cheaper in the long run - and a darned sight more efficient.
But at the end of the day yer pays yer money and takes yer choice. Cheers

Correct coolant for 2005 MGTF 9 years 8 months ago #148387

OAT - don't be confused by colour, different brands come in different colours.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Correct coolant for 2005 MGTF 9 years 8 months ago #148397

A 2005 will have had OAT coolant in from new. There should be a yellow notice around the expansion tank cap informing you to only fill with OAT. The pink/orange colour is likely to be Halfords OAT. It has a very distinctive orange/pink colouration.
David
:shrug:

Correct coolant for 2005 MGTF 9 years 8 months ago #148407

I use Comma Xstream G30 bought in 5 litre 'cans' from Autosave (dilutes with water to 10 litres).

Product details here: http://www.commaoil.com/productsguide/view/6/351

It's pink in colour too.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Correct coolant for 2005 MGTF 9 years 8 months ago #148408

I use Comma Xstream G30 bought in 5 litre 'cans' from Autosave (dilutes with water to 10 litres).

Product details here: http://www.commaoil.com/productsguide/view/6/351

It's pink in colour too.

Richard

I stand corrected - it's violet in colour

File Attachment:

File Name: CommaXstre...data.pdf
File Size:95 KB

R
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:

Correct coolant for 2005 MGTF 9 years 8 months ago #148412

Thank you all for your help will obtain The suggested coolant as soon as I fix the sheared bleed screw in the front bulkhead (see in the SH*t topic)

Last edit: Post by Branchman.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT