Sign In   Register

Topic

My village is fighting... 8 years 11 months ago #159646

Over in the bay opposite us there must be around 200 turbines all in neat rows.

This is the plan, about half of what's in there.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Andy Lawrence.

My village is fighting... 8 years 11 months ago #159686

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
No the amended proposal is a last ditch attempt to sway the planning committee because the Planning Officer recommended refusal of the original application.

The slight reduction in height won't materially affect any of the issues we have highlighted.

Yes this is a proposal for a single turbine, but it is only the first in a long line of proposals that would see our area covered in them. Once one is approved in the locality, we know of at least 5 other proposed sites within a mile or so just waiting on this decision.

The area I live in is nestled between the Lake District National Park and the North Pennines Area of outstanding natural beauty. In itself it is a beautiful landscape full of rare and unusual wildlife. The particular site that is earmarked for this turbine has a recorded level of 90 species of birds, many of which are on the Red List. ie Particularly endangered. There are three species of bat, all endangered, that use the area and, of course, it is illegal to disturb any bat
We are surrounded by sites of special scientific interest.

Added to that that the area is almost wholly dependent on tourism.

The government has committed to removing the highly attractive subsidies that drive these applications and the Minister responsible has stated that NO Wind Turbine should be approved WITHOUT the consent of the local community.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

My village is fighting... 8 years 11 months ago #159690

Keep up the fight David.

The 100 km drive between Sarnia and London, Ontario, has several dozen wind turbines right along the dual carrageway and dozens more can be seen off in the distance, all of which have gone up within the past two years. They are such a blight on the country side and kill countless birds every year.
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping

My village is fighting... 8 years 11 months ago #160155

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Well. Great news! :woohoo:
We've been contacted by the Planning Officer asking if we would be happy for the application to be refused under delegated powers.

In English- this means that they are going to kick it into touch without going through the full procedure of putting it before the Planning Committee for arguments in favour and against. :broon:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: We don't need to turn up; it's refused! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :bust: :beer: Virtual beers all around!

There has been a recent announcement by the Government Minister responsible that no onshore wind turbine can be approved without the consent of the local community. With effect from 18th June 2005.
David

My village is fighting... 8 years 11 months ago #160158

Excellent news. :broon:

I take my hat off to them. Get it? :lol:

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

My village is fighting... 8 years 11 months ago #160159

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
:coat:
David

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT