Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Lakes routes. 9 years 11 months ago #145068

I feel the need to have a bit of fun in my MGF so I fancy a good trip out. I would like to get around the Lakes a little. I'll take offspring along for a weekend, fling the tent, sleeping bags and stove in the boot and enjoy some driving and scenery for a couple of days.
I know a few fun roads but would like some new route recommendations if you can, please.
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lakes routes. 9 years 11 months ago #145070

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Have a drive toward Barrow and take the coast road. If you like angry sea then this is for you. :broon: do it at sunset and you'll die happy having viewed it.

Anywhere around Ambleside is good tent planting territory.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.

Lakes routes. 9 years 11 months ago #145073

Probably my favourite circular route is Keswick- south through Borrowdale valley with Derwent Water on your right. Over Honister Pass and past Buttermere and Crummock Water. Pass through Lorton village and turn sharp right to go over Whinlatter Pass. Whinlatter activity centre- good for kids. Continue over the pass and back to Keswick. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Lakes routes. 9 years 11 months ago #145092

whilst you are there, don't miss out on hardknott pass and Rhino's Bottom :yesnod:

the view west to the coast from the top is worth a look..

Last edit: Post by really?.

Lakes routes. 9 years 11 months ago #145105

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Probably a little off route, but I did some work recently for the plant at Windscale: the A595 toward the coast is a real drivers road with some stunning scenery. So long as you don't get stuck behind a tractor.... :bang: if you like bleak seascapes then Seascale is the place for you.

Even fun in a Mondeo estate...... :drive:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT