Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Exhaust Bracket Assembly 10 years 1 month ago #140660

It looks like my TF needs a new Bracket Assembly around the exhaust. MGOC part - "15 - Bracket - Silencer to catalyst (incl. in exhaust system) WCU100870 (1 Req)" - price seems to be around £47ish can anyone direct me somewhere cheaper? It doesn't seem to do much either the exhaust is rock solid. But once coming off so I guess one should go on. (thanks for spotting it Aregen69!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exhaust Bracket Assembly 10 years 1 month ago #140667

If it's the pointless strap thing it just rusts and screws the exhaust up - took Meg's off 5 years ago and never had a problem!

Exhaust Bracket Assembly 10 years 1 month ago #140670

The silencers seem to last longer than the car! Not sure what function the strap has but they were missing or rotted off on both my TF's with no problem.

As Adam says for £45 for a strip of steel I would make one, or better still just get some heat resistant silver paint and paint the area where it where it was on the silencer.

Exhaust Bracket Assembly 10 years 1 month ago #140675

Barry

If it is the strap that goes around the silencer, I've got one you can have if you want it.

I couldn't be bothered to refit it when I fitted a new exhaust. Doesn't seem to matter significantly with the box I've got - a cheapy one from fleabay that actually sounds pretty good.

Post a pic of the part (Rimmers catalogue perhaps) just to confirm it is the strap and if you want it send me a PM with your address

Robin
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryD

Re:Exhaust Bracket Assembly 10 years 1 month ago #140676

Also Felix didn't have one. He had a little curved spacer type thing just to keep the silencer and cat apart.... So clearly the strap wasn't needed and got deleted due to project drive!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Re:Exhaust Bracket Assembly 10 years 1 month ago #140857

For all those wondering what the strap does I took a picture of my Daytona when it was only hanging from the rubber mounts (and not yet bolted to the cat) during fitting.

As you can see it hangs low at the back, because the hanging brackets are not centrally mounted.
So without the strap gravity will be exerting twisting forces on the joint with the cat.
It is perhaps fortunate that it's quite a robust piece of kit, but none the less this addition load will cause a premature failure.
Still you can use that as an excuse to upgrade the whole system!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryD

Exhaust Bracket Assembly 10 years 1 month ago #140865

Got a new one for £30 (sorry Cairnsys didn't see your post - most kind many thanks but alas too late) - soaked the bolt but I cannot remove it, so given my mechanical ineptitude I will just pop over to the local exhaust shoppe and throw money at them.

I like the idea of a slightly "meatier" exhaust sound and I note the rust on mine - I give it another year or three :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT