Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

F1: don't read if not watched Korean GP! 10 years 7 months ago #130770

John, you are absolutely spot on. They have killed innovation in this sport. I can remember the 6 wheel tyrell, the lotus with the side skirts that went up and down, the lotus with the big fan on the back sucking the car to the road. These couldn' t happen now, but back then it was what got the smaller teams up to the front of the grid. Yes they were more dangerous, but part of that was the 'Safety features' they had back then, for instance catch fencing, old Cortina tyres for barriers, straw bales, cars that caught fire at the lightest of crashes.

Safety is so good now, they could let these brilliant engineers have some freedom.
Regards

Chris
If your going to have one, Have a big one!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

F1: don't read if not watched Korean GP! 10 years 7 months ago #130810

Cobber,
I am amazed that there are areas there that are dry zones :-?
Would thought that would have been repealed years ago, but I suppose that distances in suburban areas are far greater than here, hence stay at home drinkers & nobody bothers ;)
Do you have to make a booze run into Melbourne to stock up?

F1: don't read if not watched Korean GP! 10 years 7 months ago #130814

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
When I say dry area, it means no bars or pubs, there are plenty of licensed grocers and bottle shops. There are awful Pokie Palaces (awful places full of slot machines and have about as much atmosphere as the moon) about 4-5 km away.

I find drinking is best as a social activity, so I rarely drink at home. It's much more civilized to exchange views, news, and discuss the ways of the world over a cleansing ale or 40 down at the local! (if I had one)

Now we should really go back to the topic of this thread, my apologies for side tracking the conversation.

F1 will be continue to be rubbish until it can be extracted from the claws of the greed merchants!
As for the Korean GP I fell asleep after about 5mins!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

F1: don't read if not watched Korean GP! 10 years 7 months ago #130892

Formula 1 is too expensive for the smaller teams hence the need for money backed drivers which has probably left good potential drivers Sam bird GP2 for example who will probably never get a drive in F1.
The cost cutting a few years ago helped them,so what do they do bring out a new engine for next year that triples in cost.

I am not red bulls biggest fan,as for seb love him or hate him he his a good driver,with the best car who takes advantage of it.
Soon to be 4 times world champ at the age of 26 the sportsman in me says fair play.
Its not his fault formula 1 as become yawning and seems to feel the brunt of peoples general frustration with the sport at moment because he achieves what every sportsman wants,to win.

It as for a while apart from Brawn Schumacher era. Adrian Neweys understanding of aero that wins constructor world championship,Davids post about one wing one spoiler a cracking suggestion.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

F1: don't read if not watched Korean GP! 10 years 7 months ago #130897

• John and Sue's Avatar Topic Author
  • John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Some excellent points made. Red Bull will stand or fall on how good the Renault engine is. So I hope that it's really crap. I want to see Marussia lap Red Bull. And see where Wankel sticks his finger then......

I predict that McLaren will have a crap season as they're only committed to Merc for a year before going to Honda. Could be wrong, but they won't get engineering support from Merc. Honda make crap racing car chassis but historically proven brilliant engines. And they have a year to observe the opposition. :broon: and develop.

For good close enthusiast racing, me and 'er follow and watch classic saloon racing and MGCC racing at Donington and Mallory. Actually there and eating horse burgers from the Pit Stop Cafe, not on t'telly. On t'telly.

And you can chat to the drivers and mechanics. In the pits!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

F1: don't read if not watched Korean GP! 10 years 7 months ago #130912

Senna Prost 88 to 92.Four world championships engine supplier,Honda.Honda supplying Mclaren free engines,plus investing money in them,Cant blame them Mclaren probably well miffed merc cherry picked a lot of there top employees.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT