Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126028

When it comes to the peculiar-tasting yeast-based spread, you either love it or you hate it. But who knew their adverts could also inspire such strong opinions?

The latest advert for Marmite has attracted complaints from those who feel it makes light of the neglect and abuse of children and animals.

Do you think this advert is in bad taste? Should it be withdrawn?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126039

I love Marmite and loathe being told what to think.
Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126040

I think this will explain where I stand on this...

Hahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Love it!
TF160 - Mike Satur 4-2-1 manifold, Sports Cat, Quad Daytona, Z and F Tuning Phase 2 Remap showing 177Bhp @ Janspeed RR day and a Big Grin :D (oh and a glass rear screen and bits of shiny stuff)

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126041

One of the best adverts on TV at the moment.
Regards

Chris
If your going to have one, Have a big one!

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126046

Personally, I think it's rubbish but not sure it really makes light of neglect. Maybe it does.
Robin ;)

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126052

Unilever who owes Marmite has donated £18,000 to the RSPCA or any trouble caused after the advert's first airing on Monday (August 5).

Unilever received over 250 complaints, One user, Charlie said: "As an animal lover and supporter of animal welfare charities, I think this is a great ad. Very amusing." While another said: “Shame on you! What a horrible advert."

How can you compare animal cruelty with marmite neglect...? We need to keep a sense of humour here don't we?.

It's definitely a Marmite case... Love it or hate it

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126061

Unilever are one of the worlds largest practioners of vivisection, and have been subject to an ongoing concerted and coordinated campaign of protest from PETA.

The 'spurious' complaints of offence to OFCOM regarding this advert are simply another arm of this protest.

Personally I strongly object to vivisection for commercial purposes, but support it whole heartedly for medical research.

From my knowledge of PETA their views are as extreme and intolerant as those they protest about .... and in this particular case they've given Unilever and Marmite an unexpected commercial boon, whilst shooting themselves in the foot.

:slapme:

.... oh, and I can't stand Marmite. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freestyle

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126070

Unilever are one of the worlds largest practioners of vivisection, and have been subject to an ongoing concerted and coordinated campaign of protest from PETA.

The 'spurious' complaints of offence to OFCOM regarding this advert are simply another arm of this protest.

Personally I strongly object to vivisection for commercial purposes, but support it whole heartedly for medical research.

From my knowledge of PETA their views are as extreme and intolerant as those they protest about .... and in this particular case they've given Unilever and Marmite an unexpected commercial boon, whilst shooting themselves in the foot.

:slapme:

.... oh, and I can't stand Marmite. ;)

Unilever and Marmite will be laughing all the way to the bank. Sometimes bad press does more good then good in advertising... Which is what is happening here don't you think :yesnod:

Last edit: Post by Freestyle.

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126073

Please note that I can't stand the stuff and my avatar was placed on my account buy the admin team not me.
My name is Stuart, common nickname is Stew pot and a stew pot in French is a marmite hench the pot on the jar and my user name.
I am not associated with any yeast product.

There that's cleared that up!

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126074

But do you like it or not?? :pop:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126075

I will amend your avatar Stuart. :yesnod:

As to the original question: I feel that too many people have had a humour bypass and seem ready and willing to be highly offended on behalf of other people/causes/animals etc.

As, in my opinion, the vast majority of adverts are complete crap, any with a hint of humour are a welcome break.

If I hear how one more product 'nourishes' hair, I'll explode! :rant: 99.99% of hair is dead OK? The only living part is within the follicle, OK? Nourish - To provide with food or other substances necessary for life and growth. You can't nourish something that's dead, so STFU :bang: !
David
:shrug:

Love it or hate it? 10 years 8 months ago #126077

I like

[IMG]ht[/img]
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT