• Page:

Topic

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123773

• Jimuth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jimuth
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • "So, how much is that going to cost?"
So after a quick bout of praying to all the Gods I could think of, I took Roger up to Austin Garages in Burton-on-Trent via the M42N and M6 Toll to try and get the final 10,000,000 things that need fixing done - first long journey in him for 8 months...

Fortunately got there in one piece (some extra grey hairs though) and even more fortunately the bell crank or whatever that was making choosing reverse difficult decided to completely die at the best possible moment (while parking up at the garage!)... and even better, got my first ever wave!

Driving topless up the M42N at around 10.30am or so yesterday, at a steady, sweating, "please don't kill me!" 68mph, got overtaken by a nice dark grey TF with the top down on the middle lane - he put his hand up and waved as he went past.

If you're on here, just wanted to say thanks! :broon:
It really made my day (that, and the couple of pints I had in Burton before coming home :beer: ).
Ebay + Nectar = lots of MGF points

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123776

Never had a wave in all the years of driving my Fs ,TFs and you never get one from B owners
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123784

Had a few waves this week when out and about, though one tf driver did give me the middle finger when i flashed at him last weekend. oh well.
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123787

Folk must be a little more friendly down south often get a wave from F, TF, Migits, B even an A drivers did get one from a women in an MX5 or is it just my good looks lol :lol:

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123789

We get quite a few waves but you do feel a plonker when you wave & the other driver looks at you like you are barmy :lol:

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123794

Think we've had 1 or two waves in the TF (Paula seems to get more than me for some reason...)

On the flip side, I have an '75 / ZT owners club' sticker in the rear window of my 75 and was overtook and cut up by someone driving a ZT, swerving into the line of traffic (I always leave a gap from the car in front in case he's a bit handy with the brake pedal).

I noticed he had the same sticker in his ZT as me - not a wave, signal, nothing...all I got was a load of fag ash as he tapped his ciggy out of the window. :rant:

Last edit: Post by richandpaula.

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123807

Just be glad that your first wave wasn't from PC Plod behind his speed gun... :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123813

I get a wave from most of the MGs around here but then I know most of the owners. The best wave I've received in the F was from a well sorted Midget in the N Yorkshire Moors - I was really pleased that he wasn't one of those MG snobs who don't like 'modern' MGs. I wave at Triumph Stags too and had to wave at a TVR Chimera pacing me up the A9 dual bit - (OK the driver was a blonde). I don't wave at MX5s (so that makes me a MG snob).

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123819

Always get waves...I don't tend to wave first but may toot my horn .... Been loving this weather... Driving around with the top down gives such a lovely feeling of freedom... Love my F :woohoo:

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123952

We were out and about in the 'F around Ellesmere Port and Chester last Sunday and only saw 1 Mgf. :omg:

The two women inside looked a little bemused at our flash n wave!! :-?

Had a nice double wave n honk off an old couple in a pristine mgb gt in Chester though! :broon:

Saw loads of mx5s and other stuff but only 1 mgf :nonod:

I see 4 or 5 on my way to work but as I'm in me van it'd be pointless waving!!!

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #123968

I wave at every MG sports or old MG, I see. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a snob and don't include rebadged Rovers MGZT,ZS,ZT etc. I get a good response rate too. :yesnod:

I usually remember to check I'm not in the Nissan first, :bust:

Sheila gets loads of return waves; a woman with long blonde hair in a sports car waves at you, who wouldn't wave back?:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Got my first wave yesterday! 10 years 9 months ago #124715

Recently started doing it to every other F's bemusment!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT