Sign In   Register

Topic

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109121

As per the title really :)

I've had a set made up by a local supplier as a one off in XPower green, and Im toying with the idea of doing a range of them for people.

Prices havent been set in stone, but I should be able to undercut the MGFCentres "You cant buy them online, but it will be £88 + VAT + Delivery + Your old belts + a kidney" :P ... I should be able to offer a TON more colours too!

So, anyone interested?
MGF Register - North Wales Rep
TF135 in XPrimerGrey ;-) - Toyo manifold, TTMK3, ZnF Remap and stripes when Lee gets his ar*e in gear :) .... Oh, and a GREEN SUBFRAME!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by sniperpenguin.

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109136

I'm deffo interested. I'm re doing my interior dark tan and hate the idea of dirty grey seat belts

Someone on dot org out me onto a company who does customs but I've not really looked into it any further as I'm not in need of them until the summer time

Regards

Allan
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109139

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Just an idea might seem a bit bongoish but could you dye them ? I have two spare sets of belts from my car stripping escapades .....

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109142

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/interior-articles/487309-dyeing-seat-belts.html

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109198

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/interior-articles/487309-dyeing-seat-belts.html

I'd steer well clear of anything solvent based anywhere near seatbelts!

Every handbook says something like "use only warm water to clean seatbelts and fittings"......
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109236

I'm deffo interested. I'm re doing my interior dark tan and hate the idea of dirty grey seat belts

Someone on dot org out me onto a company who does customs but I've not really looked into it any further as I'm not in need of them until the summer time

Regards

Allan

That might of been me :broon:

Essentially, I'd be looking to keep the "popular" colours to keep costs as low as possible for people. however I will be making arrangements so that less popular colours wont be more expensive if possible (or if they are, it would be minimal like £5-7!)

Im planning to get some stock in of the standard belts, so that despite it being an exchange owners wont be without belts! :omg:

So, what do you reckon? Should I give it a go? :woohoo:

P.S - Deffo agree on the "no solvents" stance, if only for the pain of it rubbing / staining etc (and thats ignoring the potential damage!)
TF135 in XPrimerGrey ;-) - Toyo manifold, TTMK3, ZnF Remap and stripes when Lee gets his ar*e in gear :) .... Oh, and a GREEN SUBFRAME!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109244

It's the sort of thing I'd do, but only if the belts needed replaced anyway. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109270

Well, the belts arrived back for when I got home from work :)

Looks well done... I'll knock up a pic if anyone is interested?

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109271

:broon:
David
:shrug:

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109272

• Visitor
  • Visitor
we may be intrested in buying a number of these seat belts but we would have to have a sample and see if the colour stayed and there where no other issues.one thing buying for yourself another selling to the public.last thing we want is some ones wife in an expensive white dress with a red seat belt mark across it

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109274

we may be intrested in buying a number of these seat belts but we would have to have a sample and see if the colour stayed and there where no other issues.one thing buying for yourself another selling to the public.last thing we want is some ones wife in an expensive white dress with a red seat belt mark across it

Hi Daryl,

You have a very good point :) But these are not dyed, they are in fact coloured webbing.

Any interest in coloured seat belts? 11 years 1 month ago #109275

Here we go.... apologies for the poor quality (cameraphone!)

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: pressed insert
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT