Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108796

Whats that? A SMILEY on a post from the T-Bar site from Nigel? SURELY NOT! :omg:

Its a well known fact that I was a critic of the initial layouts of the T-Bar. I could see what was trying to be achieved, but without repeating myself again lets just say that there were "things that could be addressed" :bang:

Anyway, fast-forward to the current layout (which I've approached with a biased sense of skepticism, it has to be said) and I think that its only fair that I add balance, and give credit where credit is due :broon: as it appears to be a significant improvement.

The things that mattered (to me):

- The forum is now more clearly separated from the rest of the site (via the top menu).
- A general "de-cluttering" and "cleaning up" of menu headers, etc - significantly improving readability
- An easy, intuitive option to hide / remove the shoutbox and other assorted features from the right-hand-side (hopefully these still dont update in the background)

I'm sure I'll discover more as we go along, but to me now it looks more "evolved forum layout" than it's previous "University feature proof-of-concept assignment" incarnation. :woo2: - I'm aware that there is another site thread, but i wanted to add my 2p :)

Nail these 3 things, and you'll be onto a winner ;)
- Access to PM's without leaving the forum section (ideally replace notifications with a number, denoting messages in Inbox - change colour is any are unread)
- When creating a topic, have the category "default" to the one you were currently in
- Make me a mod :beer:
MGF Register - North Wales Rep
TF135 in XPrimerGrey ;-) - Toyo manifold, TTMK3, ZnF Remap and stripes when Lee gets his ar*e in gear :) .... Oh, and a GREEN SUBFRAME!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons, birks, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108799

You ain't tried it on a mobile then?? :nonod:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108800

Cheers, we'll certainly look at 2 of those! :P
David
:shrug:

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108802

On the mobile I use tapatalk anyway, but I downloaded firefox for mobile (free) and it works fine...
Simon has made alterations so that safari mobile works according to reports.
David

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108816

It's still not great on the phone David.

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108841

A couple more points to be looked into?...

- If we "reject" an event invite, make it so it doesnt then take you to the page for the event?
- The official MG6 Register is under the network, surely the MGF Register should be there too???
TF135 in XPrimerGrey ;-) - Toyo manifold, TTMK3, ZnF Remap and stripes when Lee gets his ar*e in gear :) .... Oh, and a GREEN SUBFRAME!

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108843

Noted.
The MG6 Register website IS part of Simon's MG Crowd. Obviously the MGF register isn't.
David

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108853

A couple more points to be looked into?...

- If we "reject" an event invite, make it so it doesnt then take you to the page for the event?

Life's just way too short to waste two clicks. :)

I'm happy that your critique primarily accents the positives. It's never easy pleasing the majority when it comes to change. For me, I'm happy overall. Only I miss the orange screen that I'd associated with the site as my preferred colour. It's uncanny how you become attached to such minor things isn't it. :coat:

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #108898

Life's just way too short to waste two clicks. :)

Nope, but it is too short to wait for a page to load that you dont want to go to (especially since you rejected the invite ;) )

The new look to the T-Bar Forum - Impressed :) 11 years 1 month ago #109006

Due to a recent 'change' there should be substantially less blanket invitations being sent out.
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT