Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

How to... appeal against a warning 11 years 7 months ago #72813

Ironically, there's nothing in the Rules explaining the appeals process which I have been advised to use, so could someone please provide instructions on how to appeal against a warning?

I am satisfied that the warning I received is not justified by the rule I was quoted, as quite simply the rule makes absolutely no sense - "Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc..."

Gutted, as I was hoping to start some "Which brand of X is best?" type posts, but I wouldn't want to be done for incitement.

:edit: Wait, I just realised.. even this post could be seen as incitement, and will probably be reported as such. Please DO NOT BE INCITED. If you are, I cannot be held responsible... meh...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell
Last edit: Post by Proudfoot.
The topic has been locked.

Re: How to... appeal against a warning 11 years 7 months ago #72819

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I will check for you, but I think for all intents and purposes you just have.

Be careful about posting details of the moderation you were dealt with though as this does infringe the rules.

Re: How to... appeal against a warning 11 years 7 months ago #72831

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Dunno about anyone else, but I prefer tyre wars, how-tos, banter, threads that go off track then back again and helping other owners if I can. Also getting excellent advice.

There, I probably said what most are thinking. If not I apologise.

I think our Mods are doing an excellent job: the recent Bon*o incident reinforces this.
....and I dont give praise lightly.

Thats all folks.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell, cruisingkerry

Re: How to... appeal against a warning 11 years 7 months ago #72834

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I like John's nice but witty answers there usually a lot of interesting science involved or jeering that makes me want to go and buy more tools. That's the sort of threads I like, or ones where someone has made an epic mistake and we rescue them :)

Re: How to... appeal against a warning 11 years 7 months ago #72837

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Jeering, Benjamin? Harsh, Blood. Jeer? Moi? Mais non. :whistle:

Epic fail and then all hands to the pumps? Whiz and the Great Exhaust Weekend Saga, followed by wonderful solution. Sort of. What makes this forum great. :woohoo:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell
Last edit: Post by John and Sue.

Re: How to... appeal against a warning 11 years 7 months ago #72840

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Dunno about anyone else, but I prefer tyre wars, how-tos, banter, threads that go off track then back again and helping other owners if I can. Also getting excellent advice.

There, I probably said what most are thinking. If not I apologise.

I think our Mods are doing an excellent job: the recent Bon*o incident reinforces this.
....and I dont give praise lightly.

Thats all folks.

I agree on the Mods thing they handled Bonio very well... but disagree about tyre wars as we saw earlier in the shout box I like threads about Jam :coat:

Re: How to... appeal against a warning 11 years 7 months ago #72843

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I think threads like this should be removed and discussed by the mods, in the mods lounge ..

This is not giving the site a good feel factor about it, or doing us any favors with regard to new members "Peering" or those thinking of joining us ..

Anyone noticed how quiet it has gone tonight ..

Many members have joined here because of the friendly all encompassing atmosphere, with an ethos of No question is a stupid question ..

Maybe Mods could do a "How to appeal against a warning" thread, precluding further threads like this..

Re: How to... appeal against a warning 11 years 7 months ago #72845

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Jan thats being discussed right now, can't remove the thread for the time being least we be accused of censorship.

I'm locking the thread though and moving it to the correct section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: birks, bensewell
Last edit: Post by psymon. Reason: spelling failure
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT