Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40114

This is just the sort of thing I have to come toterms with being involved in dog rescue...........

Today marks the third anniversary of the brutal mutilation and murder of Valentina - a heavily pregnant black and white greyhound.

On February 14th 2009, a man walking his dog discovered a blood soaked blanket on wasteland in Iron Acton – a village on the outskirts of Bristol.
Obviously alarmed, he investigated the contents and was horrified to find a dead black female greyhound.
Her ears had been hacked off to prevent her from being unidentified by her tattoos and even more macabre – this poor girl was heavily pregnant with six pups.

We do try and make a difference to the animals we help but I some times feel very inadequate. However I tell my self, helping one dog will not change the world but it will be a world of change for the dog I help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rog1963, Tsleight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40116

Don't get me started about animal abuse. :nonod:

I would happily shoot people who callously hurt animals. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red Devil

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40118

Don't get me started about animal abuse. :nonod:

I would happily shoot people who callously hurt animals. :yesnod:

why shoot them thats to quick let them have pain knee cap them
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40122

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
I believe anyone capable of such brutality posses a real danger to everyone. If they are sick enough to do this to another living creature then it is only a very short step to doing it to another human.

The punishment for such acts should carry a sentence similar to the act having been carried out on a human. The person who did that is one very sick, dangerous individual.

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40124

Drop them in the Tiger/Lion/Crocodile/Bear enclosure at Chester Zoo .... Poetic justice

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40136

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Your location is Devon, this incident was in Bristol........... why Chester Zoo ain't Paignton Zoo got any Lions :lol:

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40151

Your location is Devon, this incident was in Bristol........... why Chester Zoo ain't Paignton Zoo got any Lions :lol:

Chester just popped in there ... probably because it's the only zoo I've ever visited .... and will probably remain so as I've no intention of visiting another.
I believe my nearest zoo must be Newquay as my location is about 8 miles from Davidstow ;) (in CORNWALL) :P :lol:

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40183

However I tell my self, helping one dog will not change the world but it will be a world of change for the dog I help.

Your cause is worthy indeed and I'm a big dog fan. But that quote is similar to one from 'The silence of the lambs'. Clarice: I don't know. I didn't have any food, any water, and it was very cold, very cold. I thought, I thought if I could save just one, but … he was so heavy.

Time for me to make an argument...

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40198

• Visitor
  • Visitor
John I did not read it all, sorry but it makes me feel ill and cry, I blocked some very good friends on fb due to them posting pictures of abused dogs constantly ..

I know it happens, I used to be the area rep for an organisation that re-homed Great Danes, I did it for 5 years, in the end I stopped because I could not cope with it, or what I had to see on a daily basis..

Princess was a rescue, and the state she was in was quite frankly horrendous, 10 and a half years later she still has the scar across her nose where an iron bar was used to try and break it, but she is now spoilt, fat and happy, just like her Mum, and I hope that I have made up for what happened to her, prior to her coming to me ..

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Not for young eyes please, adults only thread. 12 years 3 months ago #40276

That's really sick! ESP when they could more easily just leave the dog at the RSPCA or equiv... I hate to think that the owner may have kids.. Just imagine!

I remember when living in Devon there was a big problem with retired grey hounds.. Up here it's unwanted staffies,

Fantastic programme on tv at the moment on how intelligent animals are, kind of crazy that they are onlY now begining to apply darwins theory of evolution to consciousness and the mind..

Recent article in the geographic said dogs understand around 350 human words
Above programme had a dog that recognised over 1500,

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT