Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Best and worst courtesy cars you have had........ 12 years 3 months ago #37765

Resurected so I can post one of me posing shamelesly back in the 70s, it was good thread though

I can only say i was a lot younger then, This would heve been somewhere on A1A Fl around Port St Lucie in 1978. The car is a rental with the economy straight 6. It was actually a pretty decent car although I wouldnt have picked it to do an autotest. The a/c was outstanding and the autobox slushmatic as good as they get, but the interior trim, cheap and tacky.
ps, I had reason to be grateful to that Micra above again, one of the 6 volts in the MGB failed and Dave P bought a fully charged battery and a pair of jump leads over to get it going.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, rog1963, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Best and worst courtesy cars you have had........ 12 years 3 months ago #37766

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Well that is a blast from the past :bust:

Last edit: Post by PQD44. Reason: Unneeded quote removed

Re: Best and worst courtesy cars you have had........ 12 years 3 months ago #37768

Scarily this was before most forum members were born, never mind picked up a set of car keys with an Octagon badge attached. The MGB was in the garage at home then waiting for the restoration fairy , I wonder if this Camaro survives, if so it's a respected classic and will have a Chevvy small block V8 in it by now. If only there were an equivalent transplant for drivers of that vintage :lol: Upstate Fl was a bit frontier back then, but never dull.

Last edit: Post by Stan_B.

Re: Best and worst courtesy cars you have had........ 12 years 3 months ago #37776

Currently, like Red Devil, we have an MG6 while our 85th is being rebuilt following the incident in October, previously we had an Audi TT steppie quattro converable following the incident last March, last year was a bad one!! I have no complaints about either of those, but years ago I had a Renault 17 Gordini on which the wishbone broke, so after having it towed back to the dealer they gave me a Datsun 100A, which is probably the worst thing I had ever driven. Coming out of the dealer, and up the hill outside I needed to drop it to second to get up!!. A bit later in the day I was accelerating down hill to get up the other side when the boys in blue pulled me for speeding....however, i did get away with it when I explained the situation that I had been given this heap of junk as a loan car and wasn't used to it yet!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT